2.50

DAY TWO (p. three)

"THAT. That's Ladi's room." Tima points to the second door to the right after they emerge from the first floor of the house.

After interviewing Tima, Ari requested to have a tour in the house. The Indian boy doesn't know why but he thinks it may help for some reasons. After all, a room can reveal who people really are.

"You can go in if you want. Just don't make a mess." She says just after they make it to the landing. "I'll have to finish the dishes downstairs, though. I hope it's alright?"

He shakes his head and smiles. "Oh yes, it's alright Tima. I can handle myself in there. And I promise not to make any mess."

After nodding at him, the woman descends the stairs. Ari sighs then walks closer to her room. The door is slightly ajar, the brown oak designed with a poster of a skull that says: Parental Advisory: Explicit Content.

"Punk." He murmurs before shaking his head. He opens the door and enters. Closing the door behind him, he stands still.

The wall is painted teal blue as it's decorated with a bunch of bands' poster ranging from pop punk, post-hardcore, and metal. He knows because he used to listen to the bands pasted to the walls. There is a single bed in the corner of the room just beside the big window clear of any comforters or bed sheets. Dresser and cabinets placed on the left side of the bed; its drawer ajar and clear of any clothes while the floor is littered with boxes.

Beside the door is a glass cabinet that's full of empty racks. Looking at it, Ari sees a white tape just above its sliding door. 'Vinyls' It says in an average hand writing.

Getting his notepad from his side pocket, he opens it and writes down on the bottom-most part: She likes bands. Probably emo. Also has vinyls collection.

Ari moves around, manuevering around the boxes. He peeks at each of the boxes. The first four contains clothes, above the boxes it says: Charity. The boy sighs as sadness surge from his blood stream. If someone is to die who I know of; family or friend, I don't think I'll be able to sell their belongings quickly.

He shakes his head once again before moving to the fifth box which contains her vinyl collection unlike the previous ones, instead of 'Charity' it says, 'Ebay' which just pissed him off more. Is her family apathetic?

Ari is suppose to move on from the next box until he sees a leather notebook on the corner of the said box. Brows scrunch together, he fishes it from the box and sees in front: 'Journal'.

About to open the leather journal, the door suddenly opens revealing Tima who has her bag slinging on her shoulders. Quickly, he lets go of the journal. The notebook falling back into the box it belongs.

"Ari? Are you done yet? I have to go already, I still have things to pack here but I'll just come back some day this week." She smiles.

Clearing his throat, he answers. "Yes. Sorry to keep you waiting." He smiles awkwardly.

"It's alright. Let's go?"

He nods as he leaves the room. Damn it, he thinks. I was so close!

After arriving down the first floor, he sees the place clean of any litter while boxes pile after one another just beside the door. The two come out of the house, Ari leading the way as Tima locks the door behind her then the screen door next.

"Tima, can I ask one more thing?" The boy swallows the lump that's forming in his throat.

"Sure." The woman says, still busy locking the door.