7.00

Day ten

Jack walks grogily as he approaches the main entrance of their school. He hasn't believed it yet. He doesn't want to because for him, it's impossible. She can't be like that. She is not like that.

And maybe, maybe it is downright impossible to put someone in this high pedestal but she's Ladi. She changed Hayden. She stopped bullying. She helped the misfits and the so-called nerds.

It is all bluff.

Lies, lies, lies.

He thinks to himself over and over again. As if it is some chant that will keep him alive.

Sighing, he enters Hayden but the aura doesn't seem right. The moment he enters the facility, an eerie stillness engulfs him. He looks around and sees lots of students crying while others stays silent as they looked at the empty air in front of them.

Then he sees it. On the lockers are words placed using a black spray paint.

Ladi is a bitch.

His eyes bulges out of its sockets as he sees those words. He gulps and immediately looks for anyone to ask. Ask what the fuck happened. Why is everyone crying? Why are they treating Ladi like this? Why? Just what the fuck happened?

Running round and about, confused and as if his world is spinning, he bumps to Calista. He quickly holds her arms as if all answers clung on the girl.

"What the fuck do you want, Halley?" The girl asks, her eyeliner smudged.

"What happened here? Why is everyone like this?"

Calista smirks and let out an exasperated laugh, "Why don't you ask your friend, Ari?" Then left.

"Ari," he breathes, confused. "What happened?"

____

"So, you knew all along? And you didn't tell me?"

Jack found him in the roof top of their school. Ari, a crying mess as he sit just beside the door, leaning his head on the pile of boxes beside him.

Strong winds blows around them as dark clouds decorates the sky. As if it is pairing the mood, the feelings everyone have in Hayden. Feeling of betrayals and just disappointment.

"I was scared. I didn't know how to tell you. I knew you respected her so much. I knew you've put her in a high pedestal already. I didn't want to break that." Ari confesses in a calm tone. The kind of calm that screams a soul has been broken.

"How'd you found out?"

"Through her Journal. The day I interviewed Tima, I saw her journal as I rummage through her things but I didn't get the chance to get it so after two days, I snuck into her house and got it. I read it. And that's when I lost it."

"I was getting bullied, still, Jack. They still called me a terrorist. I loathe bullies, Jack. Because of them, I can't live my life normally. I hated myself. I hate who I am. Because of them. And after finding out Ladi was one of them, I lost it. I know it's hard to believe that she's one of them. That it was her fault why someone commited suicide, but it's true. She wrote it herself."

"It was because of that guilt why she killed herself."

Jack licks his lower lip. "So that's why you told everyone about her past? So they could hate her? Tell me, Ari, did that change anything? Huh?!" The anger pent up in him starts to boil once more.

"You don't understand, okay?!" The Indian boy screams back. "Everyone was glorifying her! As if she's some fucking saviour! She isn't! She's just one of them! Liar! A bully!"

"A person who kills."