5.50 - 5.75

Day seven (p. two)

JACK drives through the thick forest that borders the next town before Forksville and the town itself. After begging his mom, Aria finally let Jack leave Forks.

Because she knows that nothing is more important than Jack's friendship and she's right because right now, as he speeds off through the road, not even the article can shake his thoughts. All Jack can think about is Mark and why he did it, and what happened, and why didn't he told them that something is happening.

Jack's car stops abruptly in front of a rail road as its gate shuts down for a moment to ensure no one crosses the road while the train passes by. Jack lets go of the steering wheel for a second as he tries to calm his nerves.

He then picks up his phone to call Bonny for updates but like earlier, he can't reach him. He guesses its the thick forest. About to settle his phone properly and carefully, the plan blows over when a sudden knock startles him.

Looking up to the passenger seat's window he sees a girl knocking on the window. He opens the window using the button beside him that automatically reveals a raven haired girl smiling at him.

"Excuse me but can you give me a ride? My car broke down on the curve." She practically begs as she tries her best to smile at the confused boy.

Jack sighing, he nods at the girl and unlocks the door for her. Smiling, the raven haired girl, probably the same age as Jack's, opens the door and settle herself in the passenger seat before putting her bag atop of her lap.

She looks to Jack before handing her hand out, her green eyes glimmering at the same time.

"I'm Alex Quinn. You?"

"Jack Halley." He smiles back while taking the girl's hand for a shake.

There is something about having a company that calms his nerves so after that Jack starts the car once again seconds as the gate opens.

"So where you headed to?"

"Jacksons."

"Oh great, I'm going there, too. Actually lives there."

"Oh that's nice. I'm just visiting for a week."

"What, parents?"

"No, family relative." He notices the quick falter in her voice but decides to ignore it.

"Oh, great."

"Yeah, so um, why are you driving here alone? Saw you speeding off earlier as I wait for you to arrive here." Alex tries to change the subject.

"A friend of mine is in a hospital."

"Oh. I'm sorry about that."

"It's nothing." He mutters before swerving the car left for the curve. "Is that your car?" He asks, noticing the blue minivan.

"Yeah. But it's okay if we don't stop. I already have my things here. I'll just have it tow tomorrow."

"Right. So why a minivan? You look pretty lonely for a minivan. And don't ask about my car please. This is my mom's."

Alex laughs lightly. "I'm picking some things in Jacksons, too."

The two continue talking to one another until they reached Jacksons at thirty pass eight in the evening. Alex decides to be left off in a motel nearby the Hospital.

"So um, I guess I'll see you when I see you." He says while looking at her through his windows since she's already standing outside the Motel.

"Yeah. Thank you so much for the ride, Jack. I appreciate it. Let's grab a coffee sometime."