My Little Star

" i have always left a little part of my heart untouched, a little box that hides great secrets, and in the sweetest dreams, i open it, only to draw a trail up to the skies where we meet, my little shining star "

She's my friend, and I know her

I memorized the shaky voice of her cries, over a phone call, the pitch notes when she lies, the blunt expressions of her honesty, a kid's innocence still flowing.
I memorized the words she uses to start an argument, how she gets ready for a storm of laughter, or a storm of food, I learnt her favourite color, her favourite flavours, her favourite things and her favourite people.

she's my friend, and I learnt to love her flaws, to laugh at her silly remarks, to take her insults lightly, her pieces of advice seriously, I learnt to smile when she hides her face from the camera, her sensitive spots to tickle her in case of a silly fight, I learnt to hug her when she's about to cry, call when she's not around, talk to her in the hardest times, I learnt to be patient by being with her, to appreciate the given moment and cherish it because there may not be a billion other opportunity after it.
I learnt how to calm her down when she gets panicked because of some fights.

I memorized the way she sits facing me, when she wants something, when she has a question, when she knows a secret she wants to tell me, the sound of her voice when she says my name to scold me like a mother, when she has nothing to say, when she just wants to call me to know if she still has my full attention or when she's too shy to ask for help, advice or guidance.

She's my friend and I know her, I know all the things she says, the things she do, the things she loves and the things she hates, I know the reflection of her, the one everyone sees painted on the skies, and I also know the other her, when the colors turn dark, I see through the smiles, silent cries, I see the quiet stares, the hidden doubts, the unforgiven lies, I see her standing behind the veil of her sweetness, with her darkest thoughts and her worst expectations.

she's my friend and I know her, the both her, the shining star everyone sees, the little clumpsy child she wants to be from the outside, but I also see on the other side, I see a human I know, because she's my friend and I know her, the bright and the unspoken her.

*

*

*

Author's note: hello folks, so, this chapter is dedicated to a friend a mind, i really hold her close to my heart and that is why i wanted to share that with you, hope you like it. take care , till next time .