H14

H14

Soft

My dearest daughter,

I hope this letter will find you when you need it most. I hope you're not crying and isolating yourself because of what happened to me. As I write this letter, all I could ever feel are my deepest regrets and apologies for leaving you behind.

Mommy is sorry for not being able to make it. Mommy is sorry for not being able to be there and wipe your tears. Mommy is sorry for not being able to hug you anymore. Mommy is sorry for not being able to be with you on the most important days of your life in the future. Mommy is very sorry, Kelsey.

I hope you don't stop your life for too long. I want you to live your life to the fullest, my daughter. I want you to follow your dreams and see the beauty that the world has to offer. Don't lock yourself up and push other people away.

I love you very much, my dearest daughter. May you find light, love, and happiness all the time. I will always watch over you. I will always be with you. In your heart and in your life. 

Please don't be too hard on your dad. It was my last wish for him to find another love in this lifetime. Nobody deserves to be alone. As I wish for your love, I wish for his too. Cherish your days together as we don't know what tomorrow might bring.

I'll forever love you and be with you,
my dearest daughter,
Kelsey Fleurette.

-Mom

"Mommy... I need you... I-I need you..." niyakap ko ang sulat na nakita ko at lalong napahagulgol. My whole body is shaking and I felt numb. I suddenly felt dizzy and everything went black.

I woke up in a cold and dark room. Tinignan ko ang paligid at nakitang kwarto ito ni Finnick. What happened? My head hurts so much and my eyes are so stingy.

Bigla akong napaupo at nakahinga ng maluwag nang makita ang sulat at music box ni Mommy sa bedside table. Sumandal ako sa headboard ng kama at pumikit. I feel so tired and drained today.

It was as if I was at my peak of breaking down. Everything just felt too much. My head stings so much. Napatingin ako sa pintuan ng pumasok si Finnick duon. Bigla akong nakaramdam ng hiya. I dodged his eyes and looked away.

Lumaptit ito sa akin at umupo sa gilid ng kama. "How are you feeling?" he asked. 

Tumango ako. "I'm fine... Sorry for causing you trouble." my voice shook. 

"Stay here with me," malalim ang boses neto. He wasn't asking questions. He said it as if it was final and I don't have another choice.

Kinagat ko ang ibabang labi ko at umiling. "I can't. This isn't my house."

"Stay here, just until I know that you're already truly fine. Please... Flue," he held my hand and squeezed it.  "We can study here and you can do your stuff here... Just until you're already good to be left alone. Right now I can't..."

I sighed but in the end, I nodded. He's right, if I go back to my condo, I'll just end up being sad and pitying myself. 

"Come on. Let's eat," he said.

Tinignan ko sya saka tumango. "Susunod ako. I'll just fix myself,"

Wala na itong sinabi at nauna nang lumabas sa kwarto. I got up and went to the bathroom to wash myself. Pagbaba ko ay kaagad kong naamoy ang pagkain. He cooked roasted chicken, I guess?