H10

H10

Stop

Natawa ako at nagtipa ng reply kay Finnick. He should be busy with his meetings there right? How come he has a lot of time to send messages?

Ako:

Stop being so clingy, Blondie. :P I'm alright and I'm busy right now. I'll message you later when I get home. Do your work there and stop chatting! Take care.

Binalik ko ang cellphone ko sa bag at naglakad pabalik sa loob ng bahay ampunan. The kids were so happy with the clothes and shoes that I brought! It warmed my heart knowing that I can do little things to make their days a little better.

"Ate Fleurette, pwede pong kumanta kayo? Ang ganda po talaga ng boses nyo! Ang tagal nyo na pong hindi kumakanta," sabi ni Renren.

Natawa ako saka umiling. "Oh, let's just do something else."

"Sige na po, Ate. Please, please!" Renren pleaded and the other kids also pleaded with him.

Napahawak ako sa buhok ko at walang nagawa kundi ang sumangayon. Isang kanta lang naman. Tumayo ako sa harap at huminga ng malalim.

I started humming the song that mommy always used to listen to when she was still alive. The children clapped to the beat as I sang the song. Napangiti ako habang kinakanta ito.

The children clapped after I sang the song. May dumating din na isang magandang babae na kilala rin ni Ate Mikay. Siguro ay nagvovolunteer din katulad ko.

She looked sophisticated and uptight. She has a fair skin and a black hair. Small face and she's really pretty. I also like her fashion style. Maybe we can be friends.

After playing with the children and teaching them how to paint and draw I walked near her. I handed her a bottle of water and introduced myself.

"I'm Fleurette Diokno. You are?"

She smiled and accepted the bottled water. "Kianna Mercado." sabi neto at uminom.

I stood in front of her and she's really really pretty! Just like me! "I like you. Can we be best friends?"

Napaawang ang labi neto. She looked dumbfounded by what I said. "You just met me and you're asking me to be your best friend?"

Nagkibit balikat ako at ngumiti. "I have a lot of friends. As in a lot... but none of them are really true. They're just using me because I'm sikat and mayaman. And truth be told... When I saw you earlier ay sa tingin ko naman totoo ka."

She nodded with what I said. Bumakas ang lungkot sa mukha neto. "Alright, I can be your best friend. But I'm telling you, I'm more of a listener and I'm boring." natatawa netong sabi.

I smiled. I really like her. "Talaga? It's okay! You can leave all the talking and fun to me." I said and winked at her.

We exchanged numbers and decided to go home. I'm beat. Nakakapagod makipaglaro sa mga bata but it was worth it. Being with them made my mind and heart temporarily free from worries and pain.

Nang makauwi ako sa condo ay kaagad akong humilata sa sala. I checked my phone and I saw 15 missed video calls from Finnick. I raised my eyebrow and messaged him. Kanina pa iyong four thirty. I looked at the clock and it's already eight in the evening.

Ako:

I just got home. Why did you call?

Wala pang isang minuto ay tumawag ulit si Finnick. I answered the video call and saw him wearing a suit. He looked dashing. Mataman itong nakatitig sa akin. I felt my heart beating a lot faster than usual.