Chapter 3

"Morning sweetcheeks" Jacob grinned from ear to ear.

"Morning" Connie responded, half asleep. "You coming with me today?"

"Where we goin'?"

"I need to take Grace back to Heathrow to get her flight back to New York, her flight leaves at 6, so I'm leaving about 10"

"Roadtrip with my girl, I'm in" He kissed her softly, before she got up and headed for a shower.

"C'mon Gracie lets go!"

"Do I have to Mum?"

"I'm afraid so!"

"Is Jacob coming with us?"

"Yes he is, is that okay with you madam?"

"Yes, I like Jacob, he's nice, I can't wait to tell my friends how yummy my mums boyfriend is!" she giggled. Connie hugged her.

"I'm really going to miss you, but Jacob and I are going to come over and see you, maybe in December"

"Can't I come and live here with you? I mean I know you work a lot and stuff, but I can cope with that, I promise I'll be good, please don't make me go back"

"Wow, America has matured you by at least 10 years!" What Grace has said over the last two weeks had really got Connie thinking. Grace didn't want to go back, she hated Sam's new girlfriend and she hated her brother.

Jacob pulled up in the car park and parked, relatively near the door.

"I'll wait here, see you soon, I've got a big hug for you before you go Grace" Connie smiled. Grace and Jacob had bonded so well, she reckoned he was going to miss her too. Connie and Grace strolled along to the check-in desk.

"Hi, I need to check my daughter in, she's flying as an unaccompanied minor" The girl behind the desk checked Grace in and introduced her to Molly, a member of the cabin crew who'd be looking after her.

"I'm going to miss you baby, I really really am"

"I'll miss you so much Mum, can't wait to see you and Jacob next time" Both females were now in tears, they hugged each other and said their final goodbyes. Connie headed back to the car park, where Jacob was waiting. She got back into the car and rested her head on Jacobs' chest.

"Jacob" she paused. "We need to talk"

"Should I be worried?"

"Well that depends how you look at it - I wanted to wait until Grace left"

"I'm getting worried now, is everything OK babe?" Jacob was starting to get very concerned

"Jacob, I'm pregnant"