Chapter 17

"GRACE" Connie yelled upstairs "If you take much longer we are going to miss our flight baby"

"Ugh, she's not even a teenager yet" she turned to Jacob, who had Ben all ready to go to the airport. They were going to Portugal for a week, they had a villa booked, Jacob's family were staying nearby and they felt they needed a break. It also gave them a chance to see some of his family, as they stayed quite far away and didn't get to visit often. They had been over since Ben was born and vice versa, but it was nice to spend quality time together.

Connie took her baby son from Jacob, he was now two months old, and starting to laugh and giggle at them when they interacted with him. Connie gave Jacob a glare and he headed upstairs to get Grace to hurry up. While he was gone she talked to her baby boy

"So Ben, first holiday eh? I hope you'll enjoy it. Who am I kidding, you're a baby, you won't know any different, but me and daddy, we will, it's special to us" she strapped him into his car seat and he was all ready to go, and just as she was about to strop upstairs, Jacob and Grace arrived downstairs.

"I was just coming up to get you two! Right we ready to go"

"Yes" they responded simultaneously. After what felt like forever, they arrived at the airport, Connie had very quickly realized traveling with a baby was definitely not easy. They checked into their flight, it was just a EU flight, so no first class for Connie this time, however she had insisted on flying with British Airways and accepted no substitute.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

They landed in Faro, and picked up their hire car and did all the necessary customs things, Connie just wanted to get to their villa, as Ben was getting really grouchy and she wanted to put him down for a sleep. They arrived at their villa. It was lush, it was set over two levels, had a giant private pool, a shaded area to sit in and a huge area for sunbathing, upstairs there were two bedrooms, one Master bedroom and then a smaller, but just as exquisite bedroom. There were more bedrooms downstairs, but these wouldn't be used. The upstairs bedrooms were far enough away from each other that Connie and Jacob could get their privacy, but they were close enough to Grace that she felt safe. They spent the majority of the day just hanging around their villa, until the early evening, when Jacobs' Mum had agreed to look after the kids, to allow them to get some time to themselves.

They were walking along the beach together, Grace and Ben were now with Jacobs' parents. She had a mid-length white, floaty dress on and Jacob had only a pair of three quarter length trousers on. The were walking hand in hand, skipping, laughing and joking together.

"Marry me?" Jacob casually said to her. She looked at him, confused,

"I'm serious, marry me, I've got the ring in my pocket" and surely, out of his pocket he took out a box which contained a white gold diamond ring. It had a slim band, and a square diamond on top, and each corner was complimented with an even sparklier diamond than the centre. Of course, she said yes, he slipped the ring onto her finger, she loved it and she loved him. She put her arms around the back of his neck and engaged in a passionate kiss with him, little did she know, Jacob had managed to send a sneaky text to his Mum, it read:

"She said yes"