When Worlds Combine ~ Nightmares

Life has not been good to many lately. It's been over a month since the monsters have become a part of the human's world. Yet, in that past month more things have changed than it has for years. The monsters have been confined to only our city, police and military men will patrol down the streets. Every week, I have to send in a report as how the monster have been doing. The government has also given me a job... I don't really remember the correct term for it, I just think of it as the bridge between the monsters and the humans. It took away a lot of time, in fact... I had to drop out of college. All my dreams... crushed within a month. Pathetic, I know. Luckily, I have a good paying job, in fact when it comes to the pay, I have a better job now then I would have have after college. But, it's not all about the pay. It's about doing something you enjoy. As much as I like other humans and the monsters... I just don't exactly having to go to meetings almost everyday and go around obsercing, writing reports. I also have to listen to people's complaints about either the monsters or the humans. Most monsters don't complain to me, or Asgore. They just don't really compkain, hoping it will help the humans like them. Now... other humans on the other hand is complaining about the monsters to me 24/7. Really, it's not that surprising. Humans are not always happy about change.

I rub my tired, (e/c) eyes. I was sitting at the dinning table, staring at a wall and just thinking. It was about 2 o clock in the morning, just a bit ago I woke up from having yet another nightmare. These nightmares started about two weeks ago. Most of the time it started by showing me a battle feild, full of the ones who died in battle, there were a few bodies of fallen military men, but the battlefield was mostly littered with piles of dust. Then the scene would fad and I would hear people, my friends talking to me, about me. They would be showing a range of emotions but they were all negative emotions. Sans would always be the last one, the only one to appear in my dreams along with speak. In all honesty, I don't know why he's the only one, but when he does show up, my heart sinks. His words seem to hurt more than anyone elses. After that... well, then I would meet and talk to one out of two beings... Flowey or Chara. I remember Flowey from Frisk's picture, but the smiling flower was not as cute as it looked. Chara, Chara was a human, also not as cute as they looked... those two would talk to me until I woke up, but it wasn't a nice friendly chat. They would talk about how humans and monsters could never live together, going into vivid details on how everything is going to end up. It seemed like their favorite topic was how people will die. They must think it's really amusing to see the little color in my face drain away. I go through some of the things they say, resting my head in my arms. Really, thinking was all I could do. A hand was placed on my shoulder, but I didn't withdraw from my thoughts. It took a bit of shaking and calling my name to get my to realize someone else was in the room with me. I look up, seeing Sans, worried.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his eye sockets were watching my face carefully. I take a shaky breath, nodding slowly.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I whispe, loud enough for him to hear.

"You are crying." He points out, causing me to brush my fingers against my cheek, finding out that Sans was speaking the truth. I sighed wiping my tears on my arm.

"I'm just tired." I explain. Sans sits down in the chair next to mine.

"Can't fall asleep?" He asks.

"More like can't stay asleep." I mumble, once again resting my head in my closed arms.

"Huh? Nightmares or something like that?" He watches me closely.

"Yeah... something like that."

"Do you want to talk about it? When I get nightmares it helps to talk with someone about it." Sans says I look up at him.

"You get nightmares?" I ask quietly.

"Yeah. If I didn't, I probably wouldn't be waking up as early." He says, causing me to chuckle a little.

"If you don't mind... can you tell me what your nightmares are?" I ask him. He looks at me, a bit surprised.

"Uh, sure kid." He leans back in his chair. "Most of mine are about how the monster world gets stuck in a infinite reset loop... things would happen but then everything would get... reset. I would be the only one who would remember. Sometimes everyone would die, other times everyone would live happily. At one point I couldn't tell the difference between real life and dreams, since every time I woke up, something was different, or I felt like things were repeating. If that was in fact not a dream." Sans sighs, showing how tired the skeleton was.

"You know... The day you monsters came up to the surface... Frisk asked me if I could reset the world, would I." I say, remembering what the young child said. Sans seemed to get a bit uncomfortable.

"Well?" He asks.

"Huh?" I respond, confused.

"Would you reset the world?" He clarifies.

"I don't know... I really don't know." I mumble, looking away from Sans. He places a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't think about it too much, kid. It's obvious that you already have a a lot on your mind." He says, kindly. I turn towards him. "If you need someone to talk to, you can always talk to me." I smile, before standing up.

"Okay... I'm going to try to get some more sleep." Sans nods. "Thank you, Sans." I say. I then lean forward, pressing a kiss on the skeleton's cheekbone, causing them to turn a light blue. It was a split second judgement call, but not one I currently regret. I walk off, heading to my room.