When Worlds Combine ~ Toriel

I couldn't find him. I was forced to head back home once it started to get dark. Yet, it wasn't like I could get any sleep. I was worried. I was worried about Sans and Papyrus. I watched the news, unsurprisingly people were talking about the murder. I tried to listen, hoping to get something out of it that could help us.

I stayed up till the next morning, dead tired. I decided to go grab something with caffeine, to help make my day less miserable. Yet, as soon as I woke up, my world went black.

I woke up, someone shaking me. Groaning, I sit up, my head pounding. I open my, just in time to see Frisk lurch forward to hug me. They wrapped their arms around me.

"Frisk?" I croak. They look up at me, tears forming in the corner of their eyes. They then proceeded to bury their face into my shirt and practically squeeze me to death.

"Are you okay, child?" I heard a voice above me. Looking up, I noticed Toriel was above me, with a concern expression. I rubbed my eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Passed out from exhaustion." I say, trying to get Frisk to at least let go of me slightly.

"Where is Sans? Is he with Papyrus?" Toriel ask. I shrug.

"Don't know, but that's probably a good guess. Why is it so cold in here?" I look around, and notice the door was open. "Aww, come on guys. If you were going to walk in, at least close the door!" I complain.

"That's how you left it, child, so we thought you had a reason to keep the door open." Toriel explains. I look at her, confused.

"I didn't leave the door open!" I say, my eyes widening.

"You did say you were exhausted, maybe you just forgot?" Toriel tries to come up with a explanation.

"I... yeah, that's probably it." I say. "Can you close the door, please?" I ask and Toriel nod, going to close the door.

"Would you like me to make you something to eat and drink? I could make Cinnamon Butterscotch pie." She asks softly.

"You don't have to do that! I'm the host, I should go get something for you guys to eat and drink!" I say, trying to get up only to get pulled down by Frisk, who was still hugging me. "Frisk..."

"Don't over work yourself, child, we don't want you to pass out again. Please let me cook." Toriel says, finally persuading me.

"A.. alright, if you want to." I finally respond.

"What would you like to drink?" She asks.

"Tea is fine." I respond. Toriel nods and disappears into the kitchen. Frisk looks up at me.

"(Y/N).... What's going to happen? Is there going to be another war between the humans and the monsters?" They ask. I try to give a reassuring smile.

"I'm sure as soon as things work out, things will be even better than they were before the monsters came." I say. Frisk seemed to bought it, even though I still needed some convincing. They smiled at me.

"Okay! So what should we do? I want to do everything I can to help!" Frisk says. I smile, this kid was the sweetest thing in the world.

"Right now, all we can do is wait. Maybe we can make a cake later for when the others return?" I suggest. Frisk smiles.

"Yeah! Let's do that!" Frisk jumps up, trying to get me to stand. I try, but realize quickly it wasn't the best idea. I shake my head.

"I need to rest a bit, sorry Frisk." Toriel walks in to give me the tea.

"Here you go, child." I smile and take the tea. I sip the tea.

"This is really good. Thank you, Toriel." I thank the kind monster. She smiles and sits next to me. Frisk starts to talk and tell us stories, things they want to happen, dreams really. Toriel and I listened. Before I knew it, it was dark again outside. Frisk had fallen asleep and Toriel and I had started to talk.

"I should probably get Frisk home and let you sleep, you need rest." Toriel says, picking up Frisk and standing up. I also stand up, still not feeling the best.

"Alright. Thank you for coming over, it really made my day." I said, opening the door for Toriel.

"If you ever need to talk, here is my cell phone number." Toriel hands me a peice of paper. I look at it, then smile.

"Thank you." I say sincerely. She nods and leave. Inside me, I was a bit worried, hoping that they would make it home okay. I also was pretty much worried sick about Sans. It was too dangerous to go outside to search for him. I walk over to the couch and turn on the News. Of course, they were talking about the trial that would be coming up very soon. Just like the night before, I stayed up extremely late. I didn't keep track of time, but I knew it was early in the morning when the door opened. I turned around, to see who walked in. For a bit, I thought it was Sans, and in the small moment when I thought he was back, I was happier than a kid on Christmas morning... but, I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up so high.

"Errr... hey, Undyne. How did you get here?" I ask, looking at the blue fish monster.

"Is Sans here?" She demands. I shake my head.

"He hasn't been here for quite some time." I explain. Undyne runs over to me, grabbing my shoulders.

"Then what are you doing sitting here? We need to find him! He can tell the humans the Pap wasn't the killer cause he was somewhere else!" Undyne said passionately, shaking me. I agree with her, just to get her to stop shaking me.

"Alright!" I respond. Not even a minute later, I was pushed outside.