6.

Sahara
"You think you like him?" Tiana asked me as we sat in the nail salon getting our nails done. King already took care of my toes, but I needed something done to my fingers. "No we're just cordial," I told her. "Mm whatever," she said making me look at her.

"I don't like him Ti," I assured her. We barely know each other and we couldn't be around each other that long before we started arguing about something stupid. The day we shared the other day was pretty fun and it was nice to have someone to talk to besides my Sydney and Tiana. I didn't really have friends like that.

"I can't believe he has a girlfriend though," she said snapping me out of my thoughts. "I don't like the way she came at me the other day. Calling me outta my name and all that," I shook my head. "Yea shit wasn't cool," she told me.

"So you just doing dudes dreads that you don't like?" She smirked and I turned away. I haven't seen him since the incident with his girlfriend and maybe it was better that way. He was a cool person to be around, when he wasn't being as asshole of course. "I was being nice," I defended myself. "Mhm being nice my ass," she smacked her lips.

Our nails were done and we let the dry for a little bit before going back to my car. "Girl I'm hungry," she said. Then my stomach growled and we both laughed. I started driving making my way to a place for both of us to go and eat. We settled on a pizza place downtown and got out.

We sat down and Tiana started smiling in my face making me laugh. "Girl what?" I asked her. "Soooo he really out here painting your toes and shit?" She said and I giggled. "I'm just as shocked as you," I told her honestly. The way his demeanor was I didn't think that he was that sweet to do something like that for me. The way that he opened up to me so fast shocked me too.

"If he has a girlfriend, why would he share all that stuff with me? Don't you think she'd be there for all that stuff?" I asked pondering about the incident that happened. "Girl I don't know. Maybe y'all just got a connection," she shrugged. "We just met though," I told her flipping through the menu. "He probably just needed someone to vent to," I shrugged my shoulders not thinking too much on it. It was most likely a one time thing and we'd probably be keeping our distance because he had a girlfriend and I respected that.
—————————
I got out of my car and made my way to my apartment. After hanging out with Tiana for a while it was time for me to get back to work. I needed to go inside and get some stuff ready for the grand opening that was gonna be happening some time within the next couple of weeks.

"Hey Sahara," Corey said walking next to me and I mentally rolled my eyes. This dude just never got the clue that I wasn't interested. "Hey Corey," I said walking into the building and making my way into the elevator.

Corey to the side

Corey to the side.

"What you getting into tonight?" He asked me and I just shrugged. "Nothing, you?" I looked at his ensemble and he looked like he was ready to go out. I don't know why he was downstairs if he was just gonna go right back out, but that wasn't my business.