28.

Sahara
June 13, 2020
Atlanta, GA
1:11pm

"Do I gotta come?" King groaned as he put his shoes on

"Sydney invited the both over, not just me," I told him.

"He doesn't even like my ass," He stood up from the bed.

"Dreux he doesn't hate you, but you wouldn't know because you never come around. He's over what happened and as long as you continue to treat me right, he's happy," I assured him.

"Aight if you say so," he sighed.

"How do I look?" I spun around so he could get a good look at my outfit.

"You always look good," he smiled which made me smile.

"You look happier," I told him.

"Mmm do I really?" He asked as he fixed his chain in the mirror.

"Mhm," I nodded as I slid my heels on.

"Probably cause I'm finally doing what I want in life. That hustling shit was good for the fast money, but I ain't tryna live that lifestyle no more. I still gotta watch my back, but still it just feels good to be free. You play a part in my happiness as well though," he told me.

"I worry about Kam though sometimes, but there's no talking him out of it. I don't like that I gotta worry about that nigga all the time," he sighed.

"Everything will be alright. Don't worry about it too much," I tried to lighten the mood.

"You ready though?" He asked and I nodded.

I grabbed my handbag off the bed then Dreux grabbed my free hand and we walked hand in hand out my apartment. Once we got to his car, he opened the passengers side door for me before going over to the drivers side and getting in. Then he started the car and we were on our way to my brother's place.

Syd called me the other day and said that he wanted us to have a little family lunch today. It was Saturday and I didn't have much to do today, so I said why not. He said I should invite Dreux as well which was a good sign because he was kind of different towards our relationship, but it was nice to see that he was trying for me.

"You decide what you gonna do yet?" King referred to the Dave situation from a couple of days ago.

"I don't think this is something I should deal with over social media," I told him.