19.

Sahara
Marley's 3rd Birthday Party
Atlanta, GA
March 15, 2020
3:25pm

"Thank you again Sahara," Rasheeda thanked me as I fluffed out Marley's dress that I made her for her birthday party

"You're welcome," I smiled and stood up.

"Thank you Auntie Sahara," Marley spun around.

"You're welcome baby," I told her.

"Auntie Sahara can you make me a pretty dress for my birthday too?" Karrington asked me.

"Of course girl," I told her.

"Can you help the others finish setting up while I finish getting her ready?" She asked me and I nodded making my way downstairs and outside to their huge backyard.

They decided on a Sofia the First themed birthday party for Marley since that was her favorite show and it's all she ever talked about. I walked over to Raheem and asked him what he needed help with. He told me the only thing that needed to be done at this point was the party favor bags. I walked over to a table and grabbed the supplies and started to stuff them with candies, toys, and other things that kids like.

"Hey girl!" I turned around and saw Tiana behind me.

"Hey T," I smiled as she sat down in front of me.

"Need some help?" She asked and I nodded.

"I haven't seen you in a minute. How was New York? How's Dave?" She asked.

"Um New York was cool," I shrugged.

"Uh oh. What happened?" She looked at me.

"I like Dave a lot. Don't get me wrong, but I just wish I had more time with him while I was there. The first two days were fine, but like towards the end of the week I saw him less and less. I even woke up a couple of mornings without him there. He didn't even say goodbye. He left me a text and then had a driver take me to the airport," I rolled my eyes.

"The whole reason why I went it in the first place was because he mentioned that I wasn't spending enough time with him," I sighed.

"Aww boo. Did you talk to him about it?" She asked and I shook my head no.

"I'm gonna talk to him maybe later, but right now I just need time to myself," I told her and she nodded.

"Talk to him before it's too late. If you really want the relationship to work, it takes effort on both sides," she expressed.

"Yeah I know," I sighed.

We continued to pack up the treat bags and then we set them on the table. The kids came outside with their parents and then their guest started to come. It was mainly filled with kids ages three to about seven with their parents. Rasheeda mainly invited a couple of Marley's cousins and a couple of people from her daycare.