29.

Sahara
Two Days Later
Atlanta, GA
10:00am

SaharaTwo Days Later Atlanta, GA 10:00am

"At least take one bite for me baby. Pleaseeee?" King told me as he sat across from me at my dining room table.

"I'm not really hungry," I pushed my plate away from me and stood up.

"Sahara you've barely eaten in the past two days and it's worrying me. Take one bite and I'll be satisfied," he got up and walked over to me.

He grabbed some eggs with the spoon on my plate and held it up to my lips. He looked like he wasn't taking no for an answer, so I just sucked it up and took a bite anyways. He handed me my glass of orange juice and I took a couple of sips before setting it down on the table.

"You sure you don't want anymore?" He looked at me with so much concern in his eyes.

"I'm sure. Thanks," I nodded before going into the living room and sitting on the couch.

The past two days have been really rough for me. Rough to the point where I decided to close down the shop for two weeks. My employees would still be paid because business was still booming online. I would just be a little late in shipping out online orders because of how upset I've been. I closed down because I needed a breather and some time to myself. Even though I didn't know my mother, I still felt like I just lost her.

I haven't really seen or talked to a lot of people besides Dreux, Sydney, and Tiana. It was nice to know that people cared about me since I've been feeling empty lately. Usually Sydney would take my mother's side when we argued, but he took my side for once and it felt good to know that he was on my side. Even though he would be considered my half-brother now, I didn't love him any less.

He's been calling and texting which I appreciate, but I just haven't been in much of a talking mood lately. I've just been thinking a lot because I had so many unanswered questions that I wanted the answers to. I just didn't know where to start and who to ask.

I wanted to know who my birth mother was. I wanted to know her name, where she was from, what she looked like, what her side of the family was like, etc. I just wanted to know something. It would probably give me a peace of mind.

"What you thinking 'bout?" King came in and sat next to me.

"I wonder what she was like..." I thought out loud.

"Who?" He asked me.

"My mom. My real mother," I looked down and started fiddling with my fingers.