5: Chat

Bill smiled at me. "You didn't just casually fall from that tree. So tell me, why did you?"

"You don't already know?" I chuckled. "I wanted to talk to you."

Bill signed. "About my plan?"

I panicked. "No."

Bill tilted his head. "Really?"

"Yeah." I lied. "And I didn't just casually climb that tree. I was trying to get a better view of you in the sky and...yeah."

Bill smiled and nodded. "Hmm."

"What?"

"Interesting."

I hesitated, trying to think of a different subject. "So, what is this place?"

"This is my mansion that floats above the town of Gravity Falls." Bill came closer toward me. "And if you want, you can live here too."

I shivered as his hand slid across my back.

"What do you think, Mabel?" He whispered.

"I mean, the place looks great." I smiled.

"So that's a yes?"

"I don't know yet." I looked down.

Bill put his finger on my chin, making me look into his eyes. "It's safer here than it is out there."

My eyes widened. "Why?"

Bill put his finger down. "Because I'm going to make this place weirder than you can imagine. Filled with monsters and supernatural stuff. Believe me, Shooting Star, you should be thankful I'm offering you this place."

"What about my family?" I frowned.

Bill hesitated. "I'll think about them."

"I'm not making my final decision until I know they're safe." I said.

"So if I let your family be safe from the weirdness in the town, you'll stay here with me?" Bill smiled.

"And if I don't stay with you?" I frowned.

"Don't get eaten by that giant head with the arm." Bill smiled.

I hesitated. The plan. The plan. If I stay maybe he'll change his mind after a little talk. "Alright Bill, I'll stay with you."

"Great." He smiled warmly.

That smile. It's the old Bill. I miss him so much.