7: Mysterious

I waited for a long time for someone to come down. Bill, Dexter, anyone. No one came for two hours.

Then I heard footsteps.

They were running.

At last I saw Bill rushing to my cell with Dexter next to him.

"Bill!" I called.

Bill slapped his hand to his forehead. "Dexter, you idiot, this is my girlfriend."

"Wait what!?" Dexter gasped.

"See! I told you!!" I yelled at Dexter.

Bill waved his hand, making the door open. I got up and walked over to Bill. He held my hand.

"You never told me you had a girlfriend." Dexter crossed his arms.

"Well now you know." Bill smiled.

Dexter said nothing. His face was red from embarrassment and he stomped off.

"I'm sorry about this, Shooting Star." Bill signed.

"It's fine." I smiled. "I wanted to see the look on his face when I was telling the truth the whole time."

"You're bad, Shooting Star." Bill laughed.

"I am." I sassily said.

"Come on." Bill nodded. "You're probably hungry aren't you?"

I nodded. "A little."

We walked up the stairs out of the dungeon and into a cafe area with no one in it.

Bill and I each picked out two donuts and sat down. I couldn't help but think about what Bill's next plans were.

"So," I started, "how was your 'meeting'?"

"A little fighting involved but it was okay in the end." Bill shrugged.

I want to know what he's going to do. "Bill?"

"Yes?"

I froze.

Bill tilted his head.

"Never mind." I shook my head.

"You want to know what my plans are."

I sighed. "Yes."

"Mabel it doesn't involve you so don't be worried about it." He smiled.

"Don't I have the right to know what you're doing to the town I'm currently living in though?" I shouldn't have said that.

Bill frowned. "Mabel. They don't concern you. So don't worry."

I was about to say something but he interrupted me. "I don't want to hear you ask me about my plans again. Understand?"

What was this guy really planning??