Chapter Three: The Grand Party

Samus

"Wow."

Those were the only words I could say after seeing how grand this mansion was, and this party! It was huge! There were elegant decorations, tons of food, beautiful chandeliers, and best of all, a giant dance floor.

We were all dressed in elegant dresses. Mine was turquoise with a form-fitting bodice and a silk skirt that touched the floor. Zelda was wearing a purple dress that had a poofy skirt made of tulle and had many gold accents. Midna was dressed in a black flowing dress with a slit on the right leg with blue accents.

We were looking amazing.

The guys were dressed in tuxes, but each with different colored bow ties. Zelda went to go hang out with Link, and that left me and Midna to socialize.

I saw Captain Falcon enter the room. I waved at him, and he came over to where Midna and I were. He immediately embraced me and kissed me. "Hey," he said. I put my arms around him.

"I'm so happy to see you!" I exclaimed. "I'm glad to see you made it here safely!"

Mario was about to speak to the entire crowd as the champagne was being handed out to the guests. "It's about to start," Captain Falcon said. We sat down and took the champagne given to us.

Mario began to speak. "Hello, it's a-me, Mario!" The crowd went wild. "So I'd like to thank you all for coming. This is going to be a week of parties and a-fun! So enjoy the parties, and cheers to SMASH!"

The crowd again, went crazy. We all sat down to eat a wonderful dinner. After the third course, Captain and I decided to leave the busy crowd after deeming the party 'superficial' and that 'real fun is parties, not frilly, formal dinners'.

Of course I agreed.

So we took our champagne and left the room.

Zelda

Link and I were stuffed after eating 5 courses. "I've eaten like a goron," he said, smiling.

"I couldn't agree more," I replied. We walked toward the courtyard. The moonlight shined over the Battlefield brightly. This mansion sat on the sky island with the highest altitude compared to the others.

"Hey, is that Ganondorf?" Link pointed out. "Is he spying on us?"

"Where?"

Link pointed to the other side of the courtyard. I noticed Ganondorf. He didn't seem the least bit interested in us. Instead he was talking to someone who was out of our range of sight. "I wonder who he's talking to," I said.

Ganondorf left our sight, too. Link let out an audible sigh. I knew he was thinking about canon. Desperate to get his mind off the subject, I said, "Do you want to check out the library they have here?"

"Sure," he answered.

Link

The library was huge.

Rows and rows of bookshelves lined the library walls. It was gorgeous, with banners waving the Smash insignia hanging and light streaming in through the skylights.

Who would have thought there'd be a library here?

"Link, do you see this!?" Zelda exclaimed. "This is wonderland!"

Zelda ran off to go look for some books. I stood in awe, gazing at the multitude of books surrounding me. "I didn't expect to see you here," someone said from behind me. "I didn't know you liked books."

I turned around to see Impa carrying a few books in her arms. "I don't, really. I didn't think you read, either." I looked at some of the books she was carrying; Hyrule Historia was the only title I could see.

"I'm trying to learn about some of the other games, too," she explained. "Are you friends with any of the Fire Emblem characters?"

"Yeah, I think they're all at the party."

"I was wondering where they all were. They seem like the kind of people who would be jumping off the roof. I assume the princess is with you? I haven't been keeping up with her, but I trust you can manage."

And with that, she left. I decided to take a seat on a comfortable looking sofa. I was exhausted. I knew there would be some battles early the next morning. I felt my eyelids getting heavy......

Zelda

I had an armful of books when I saw Link crashed on a sofa. I gently patted Link's shoulder. "Link, you need to wake up," I said quietly.

He slightly opened his eyes and jolted awake. I helped him up and we walked back to our rooms. All of the sudden, out of the shadows, some weird creature popped out.

Neither of us were equipped with any weapons. Except for 20 pounds of books. I bashed this creature in the head multiple times before I could see what it was.

I just bashed Ivysaur in the head.

I gasped. "I'm so sorry! I didn't know what you were! I need to find Nurse Joy."

After that whole ordeal and waiting for Nurse Joy to contact Ash, Link had fallen asleep waiting. He had trudged along with me through all of this, and I figured that there wasn't much of a chance of waking him up, I carried him to the best of my ability to his room.

I dropped him onto his sofa (no, I couldn't make it to his bed). At this point, since it wouldn't change anything, I kissed Link on the forehead and quietly left.

Samus

Captain Falcon and I walked into the courtyard. We stood in a gazebo with trellises lined with ivy and climbing roses. "Who would have ever thought two bounty hunters would have such adventures?" I stated in reverie.

"To think that we're the only ones here from our games..."

"But that's good, right?" I inquire. "No one to share the credit with!"

"Don't you ever wish that we were more well-known? Had more characters to call our friends? More allies than enemies?"

My thoughts drifted to the Fire Emblem crew; always together, fighting together to achieve their victories, and such teamwork.

Of course I couldn't do it, and if I had as many enemies as I did allies, well, I would be out of business.

Captain Falcon raised his champagne glass. "Cheers," he said, "to being alone."

I raised mine and said "Cheers" with much pride.