Chapter Five: Scars Getting Deeper

Zelda

Whoa.

I could not get what had happened out of my mind.

And of course I made it super awkward.

I scolded myself for running away, and denying that I didn't like the kiss. I was back in my room, and decided that I needed a friend to talk to.

Zelda: Hey, can you come here?

Samus: Sure, be right there.

Samus promptly arrived. "What's up?" she asked.

"Link just kissed me," I replied.

"You go, girl! What happened after?"

"I ran here. It's just not-"

"Do I care about canon?"

"No-"

"And why not?" she inquired, hands on her hips. "Because nothing has happened, and it doesn't matter."

I sighed with frustration, and flopped down onto my bed and brought my hands to my face. "Stop being such a goodie-two-shoes and follow your heart. That's all that needs to be said," she explained.

"You're right," I agreed. "I'm going to talk to him right now!"

"Let's go!" Samus exclaimed.

We walked out of my room and down the hallway. It was then I heard a familiar voice. "Look, I'm going to say this, just hear me out."

Samus and I stopped in our tracks to listen. "Okay?" another voice said.

"I love you, and I don't care whether it's canon or not," the familiar voice confessed. Samus and perked around the corner to see Impa.

We also noticed someone with her.

Ganondorf.

Samus and I silently freaked out and quietly jumped up and down with excitement. As our hype was dying out, they kissed! We freaked out even more. We smiled and continued down the hallway, trying to stay focused on the task at hand.

All of the sudden, something jumped out in front of us.

It was an odd creature, almost invisible but looking directly at it, it was a void of zeros and ones. It started to grow into a larger "thing".

Samus took her gun and shot at it, and after it was stunned, she started to fight with melee kicks and punches. I joined in with magic.

As we fought, we noticed our energy quickly depleting and our limbs feeling heavy. We managed a few more attacks. Then, when I looked down, I saw my body nearly vanishing into zeros and ones.

Samus was helpless, too, and she was disappearing into zeros and ones faster than I was.

When the end seemed near, out of nowhere, the evil thing dissolved into the air. Behind it, Link and Ike were standing, out of breath, and both had looks of confusion on their faces. "What was that?" Link asked.

The only thing I could do was shrug, and Samus was in too much shock to even do that.

She just collapsed.

Marth

I awoke to Caeda leaning over me, feeling my head for my temperature. She noticed my open eyes and quickly removed her hand and sat down on a nearby chair. "You're finally awake," she stated. "You really had me worried there. How are you feeling?"

"Confused. Achy. Nervous. Ashamed. Hurt-"

"It's nothing to be ashamed of that you lost one match. It's not the end of the world," she assured me.