when the present meets the past

2 months later.

"Katie pack your bags" Gibbs yelled up the stairs. "We got a new lead in Connecticut." Katie grabbed her already packed bag and ran downstairs. Gibbs smiled. " Lets go."

Katie jumped in the car with Tony. " I call dibs on music. " Tony groaned. "Fine, tell me again why you are not going with Gibbs." Katie glared at him. " Gibbs is too quiet, and he doesn't like music." "Well i don't like your music either." Tony whined. " Oh well" Said Katie.

Tony looked at the Katie sleeping turned down the music. They were halfway to CT. Tony started worrying that Katie would start having a nightmare. She had gotten much better in the past 2 months. Gibbs took her riding a lot and to therapy sessions. Everyone was always cautious, since many things would trigger her. She was eating regularly and had become a field agent. Many times the team had tried to get her to open up about her past. But she never did. They all knew that she was hiding something though. Tony had noticed that the closer that they got to their destination the more and more nervous she got. She stopped talking and her hands had started shaking a lot. Tony already knew that she was nervous. The group they were tracking had worked with the person who had taken Katie and hurt her. Mcgee and Ziva drove down earlier. they had called and said they needed the rest of the team. Tony knew why Katie wanted to ride with him. She was mad at Gibbs. She hadn't wanted to come but Gibbs thought that they would need her.

"We're here" said Tony, nudging Katie. Katie jumped up. 'Tony looked at her sympathetically. She got out of the car and stared at the Hotel. " Tony and Mcgee set up shop here. Gibbs is at the police station informing them of whats going on." Tony said searching Katie's face for hints about how she is feeling. Ziva came out. "Tony, Gibbs got something we are heading to the school. Katie? I didn't think you would come,"she said. "Gibbs forced me" Katie replied, staring at the Ice cream shop across the road.

Flashback- "The next red car is your first car" Said Cody and Katie laughed almost choking on her ice cream. A really nice red car drove by followed by a junky truck a few cars down. Her whole family laughed. the game continued as they sat in the parking lot of the hotel. This was how Saturdays always ended after their hike.

"Katie?"said ziva. Katie turned tears in her eyes, "Lets go" She said, "We don't want to keep Gibbs waiting."