Untitled Part 20

"Beep...Beep...Beep..." Katie slowly opened her eyes. She looked around the hospital room. Tony and Gibbs were passed out on chairs and Ziva was reading on a chair right next to the bed. "Ziva looked at Katie "You're up."  Katie nodded. "Are the teachers ok?" Katie asked. Ziva nodded " They are waiting outside they want to see you" Katie shook her head. "Whats wrong" asked ziva concerned. Katie shook her head as tears pooled in her eyes. "BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP" Her heart monitor loudly beeped faster and faster. She started hyperventilating then faded back into the darkness.

Gibbs sat by Katie's bed. They had her transported back to D.C. It had been 3 weeks and Katie still had not spoken to anyone. She refused to sign. They were back to square one. 

A week later Gibbs took her home. She spent all her time sitting in the couch staring into space. A few days later Gibbs was talking to Jenny in the kitchen about whether or not they should get her back into work. "We should let Katie decide if she is ready" Jenny stated. They both walked into the room where they both thought Katie was sitting. Katie was not on the couch though. Gibbs and Jenny ran frantically through the house trying to find her. Gibbs saw the the front door was open. Stepping outside he found Katie sitting on the steps. He went and sat next to her. she moved over and leaned against him. Jenny stood in the doorway. I want to go back to work, she signed. Gibbs nodded. Jenny walked over and sat on the other side of Katie and put her arm around her. They stared up at the stars in the sky marveling in their beauty.

"Hey Kiddo How ya doing" asked tony as Gibbs and Katie walked out of the elevator. Abby Katie signed to Gibbs. And he nodded. SHe turned around and walked back into the elevator. Ziva went to go follow Katie but Gibbs stopped her. "We've got a Missing Marine and a frightened child." He said. The team grabbed their stuff and left.

Abby was blarinng her music as Katie walked in. Abby turned, saw katie and quickly turned off the music. "Katie" She esclaimed running over quickly stopping herself before hugging her. Abby Katie signed its ok to hug. Abby smiled and squeezed Katie. Katie pulled away. She looked at abby. Panic at the Disco she signed. Abby laughed Fine. She signed back, Only of you tell me why you wont talk. Katie glared at her. I am selfish and worthless and i shouldn't be alive. She signed then she turned around and put the music into the computer.

Ziva sat in the car with Gibbs. "Katie was fine before all this happened. How did she get like this." " Ziver she lost her family in a horrific way she needs time and im pretty sure Katie is keeping something from us." Ziva Glanced at the  frightened kid in the back seat that they had picked up. She hadn't uttered a word since she got into the car. She was curled up and crying. Ziva tried comforting her but she shied away. "Katie likes kids, why don't we ask her to keep an eye on them. It might make her feel better to be helping out. " " She waited for Gibbs' answer. " What, are you waiting for call her." Ziva pulled out her phone and Called Abby knowing that Katie wont talk.