Open Your Heart

The distorted mirror shattered from Jane's mind. She finally accepted herself and was ready to forget the past. There was an intense burst of passion between them. Danny focused on her agonizing green cat eyes glowing in the dim lights. He couldn't help but push himself even closer, melting onto Jane's body and dovetailing their lips. He held the back of her head in one hand and ran the other down her waist.

Then unwanted memories came rushing back with every touch. Joyful, blurred images of him and Marina consumed his head. Danny showed some distress in his face, but tried to forget. The thoughts became sharper, and he pulled away.

"What's wrong?" she tried to look into his dark, mahogany eyes, but he turned away, frustrated. Danny stood up and stressfully ran his virile hands through his hair.

" I can't do this."

" Why?" tilted her head to get a better view of his hidden face.

He turned around and pulled up a chair. "I need to open my heart," he opened his hand and glanced at the lock. Danny sighed then persued with the tale of Marina. After a good half hour of hearing the unforntunate love story, Jane hesitated before speaking. The puzzle was solved at last, and was a lot to take in. All the lyrics made sense now. Each piece contributed to something large and breathtakingly beautiful. The only problem was that Danny was like the old Jane. He didn't want change.

She looked at him with the most tender and gentle eyes, "Danny, Marina's not coming back. She's gone, for good."