The Man Who Can't Be Moved

Danny wanted to heed her words but he couldn't. Every memory or flashback wasn't of Marina, it was Jane: the Sundays at the coffee shop they spent laughing away, unwinding at different restaurants on nonspecial occassions, passing through town on bikes and visiting the little shops. Shit this is killing me. He was aggressively pacing around the hotel room wavering on different ideas. He'd have to make a huge Casablanca scene for her. Danny finally plopped on his bed ready to give up. Hands over his face, he heard his phone ringing. 

♪♫ 'Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me

And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be

Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet

 And you'll see me waiting for you on the corner of the street ♪♫

The light bulb popped up above his tousled black hair. He answered his manager on the phone

"Thanks man, you saved my life."

One of the first songs he's ever written, going way back to his roots. It felt nice, like the world was on his side. Danny hopped out the room with his guitar and amp, then headed to the place Jane and him first met.

Jane's POV:

What am I doing? She conflicted every detail in her mind. Jane thought long and hard, remembering all the things Alice had done to her and everything Danny has too. Nothing matched up to the scene she witnessed by the staircase. Her face flushed with frustration and confusion. I really fucked up... I need to find him. Jane had heard rumors he was moving back to the US, so she grabbed her petite leather suitcase and headed out to the nearest airport.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Danny's POV:

Danny exited the cab and began dashing toward the school, but he ran into Alice in the course.

"Oh hey Danny, can't believe I ran into you again. It's like fate," she dramatically flaunted.

Danny, completely focused on Jane, entirely ignored her small talk, "I need to go find Jane! Bye whore!"

Alice was taken back and it took her a few minutes to process what he had said to her. Who the hell does that stuck up, ratchet son of a bitch think he is? She whipped out her phone and tweeted "DANNY O'DONOGHUE AT CONSERVATORIUM" A cynical smile swept across her face with satisfaction.

As Danny ran, he noticed more and more people running with him, mostly girls holding up their iphones. The flashes from the cameras killed his vision and he was caught in a fan mob.

"Noooo! My guitar," he stretched his hand out and tried to grab it before it got trampled under a pair of vans, platforms, and stiletos. Danny was fully submerged in a pile of sweaty, screaming, crying young girls trying to cut off pieces of his hair or clothes.

Jane's POV:

"Excuse me is it possible to go a little faster? I'm kind of in a rush right now."

"Sorry traffic. Looks like some kind of riot or crazy mob."

Jane peeked through the window and heard a familiar voice crying for help in the middle of the crowd. She got out of the idle taxi and began manuvering through the ocean of girls.

"Danny!" she smiled and pushed through to get closer. He grabbed her hand and she pulled him off the street. They sprinted across the block to get away from his insane fans and ended up in Jane's school, it was safe there. They stopped inside the compact staircase to catch their breath. Danny loosely wrapped his arms around her.

"Jane, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have ran off when you mentioned Marina and it was all Alice, I di--"

She cut him off with a kiss and a whisper. I love you. It felt good to be back in  her hands, to know no one was leaving anyone, to be home.