First Date Part 2: Movie Time

Cameron took you to the local movie theater. He had already bought tickets a week ago, expecting this night in advance, which made your skip a beat at the thought.

"Are you going to tell me what movie we are seeing or is that a surprise too?" You state it more as a rhetorical question accidentally and he doesn't answer you. He simply flashes you a smile before placing his hands over your eyes, then walking you into the designated movie area.

"Cameron, if I'm not mistaken we have to go upstairs. I think it would be best if you gave me my eyes back."

"Nope. I planned it all out, sweetie," He tells you. You feel his firm, muscly arms grip you around the waist and then his other arm swings down to lift your legs up. Cameron is carrying you bridal style up the stairs. It was a good thing too because your legs weekend at the sound of him calling you sweetie. You're giggling the whole way up, not paying attention to where your feet are. Just in case, you were about to move your leg when you were too late.

They had carelessly gotten hooked under the railing and you felt the coldness of the metal running up your leg.

Your toe hit the metal piece attaching the railing to the wall, getting your sandal hooked as well. Cameron didn't notice and kept walking, but he tripped at the sudden tug it produced. You both went falling onto the stairs. You harshly landed first, and Cameron fell right next to you on your outstretched arm. You let out an ear piercing shriek that shook the theater. Cameron flinched at the sound and quickly scrambled to his feet. You lay sprawled along the floor, with one foot still in the air.

"Oh, my gosh... (y/n)! Are you ok?" He holds out his hands to help you up but your right wrist hurts too much so you only manage to give him your left hand. With one arm, he hauls you up off the floor. With the other, he U clips your sandal from the railing. Cameron then pulls you into a tight, apologetic hug. The wind was nearly knocked out of you during the fall and this hug wasn't helping to regain it. Although, you did appreciate his caring for your wellbeing. You finally manage to pull away and inhale a sharp, pained breath.

"I'm fine." You lie.

"Let's keep going. Are you okay for sure?" He asks once more.

"Perfectly fine." You flash him a smile and painfully make your way over to the top row, trying to diminish your wince. Cameron ushers you in first and then takes the seat next to you. Automatically, his arm goes up around your shoulders on the top of the chair, making you feel even safer than just being in his presence.

The two of you are alone in the theater.

The ads start playing and the sound blasts your eardrums, making your head throb within minutes. You wish you could turn it down because this time, it was just too loud for you to handle. The only peace was in-between the last commercial and the movie starting.

The screen stayed black for a time before exploding in color. Cameron had taken you to see Inside Out, the new Disney movie! You had told him way back when you were still friends that you wanted to see the movie when it came out, but you were astonished that he had remembered.

~ ~ ~

The movie lasted about an hour and a half. Right after it started, you had lightly placed your head on Cameron's shoulder. By the end of the movie, you two were slightly separated from laughing so much.

"Cameron, thank you so much! I can't believe you remembered." You tell him as you stand up to leave. He stands up as well.

"Contrary to your beliefs, (y/n), I listen to you." He grins and places his hand on your lower back to usher you forward. The contact sends a shiver running up your spine, and you start to feel tingly. Butterflies start to slowly rise in your stomach as he grabs you by your waist on both sides and spins you around.

"What are you doing?" You nervously laugh, but you know exactly what he is going to do and you prepare yourself. He slowly leans in and you do as well. You close your eyes, but Cameron's stay open, your lips just a half a centimeter away from each other. He then closes the gap and you two stand in the empty theater, having your moment. You finally pull away smiling.

"Shall we go?" Cameron asks. You nod your head and carefully place one foot in front of the other down the stairs. You exhale when you reach the bottom, unaware that you had even been holding your breath. Cameron takes you out once more and you wonder if there is another destination.

"Where are we going next?" You ask him curiously.

"You'll see.." He mischievously responds.

"At least tell me if I am going to be blindfolded again."

"No need for this one."

As you exit the theater back into the city, still full of life like when you entered, Cameron takes your hand and you intertwine your fingers.

This night hasn't been perfect, but then again nothing is perfect. If it hadn't turned out like this so far, I probably would have been more disappointed.

<><><><><><><>
I hope this is good..... I'm trying really hard to update as much as I can but the time just ain't there. I'm sorry for making you wait. Slight disclaimer... I haven't seen Inside Out yet so I don't even know if it's actually funny... Haha oops. Please enjoy this chapter, the third and last part to the first date will hopefully be up soon. Thanks for reading!