Chapter 3

Myles POV

After yesterday I ran straight into the hotel room and cried myself to sleep.

Kalin tried to wake me & ask what was going on, but I absolutely refused & just covered my head up with the blankets.

+

I am currently sitting on our hotel bed scrolling through Twitter when I noticed Jackie tweeted, "@UrGirlJackie me & @Autumn_H_ make the awkwardest faces on snapchat ever #ArmyBestie #MissHer"

I smiled because I forgot autumn had joined the army. I'm so proud of her. Jackie was gonna go, but I stopped her.. Then I decided to stop our friendship..

I don't even know why I did it. I just did. I think because the less time we had was causing me to change feelings towards her & Autumn.

"Myles" I heard my name from across the room.

I look up to see Kalin standing in the doorway with a girl with long sandy blonde hair & blue eyes..

I didn't realize who it was until I looked and seen the ACUs (Army combat uniform).

"Autumn?!" I shouted shocked & I jumped up and ran to her.

She giggled and hugged me around the neck. "It's been a minute Cheeseburger" she messed with my poof & laughed.

Kalin closed the door & hugged autumn from behind.

She turned and looked at him.

"I missed you little shorty" Kalin smiled down at her.

"I missed you too K!" She smiled up at him.

I smiled at them both because they have always been so close since they met. But she wasn't home long when I introduced them, although they do texts 24/7.

"Have you seen Jackie yet?" I broke the silence.

She smiled widely at me & looked side to side. "She doesn't know I'm home right now, I'm gonna surprise her later. That's why I came here, Kalin picked me up at the airport & I wanted your help distracting her"

I looked down.

She's never gonna hang out with me, how am I suppose to distract her? Maybe she will, I won't give up till she does.

"I'll try" I said quietly.

"What? I didn't understand you."

Kalin walked up beside her & had a sympathetic look about him.

"Jackie & Myles aren't really on speaking terms" Kalin spoke up.

Autumn mouth went in the "O" shape and soon realized what happened 5 years ago.

"So after all this time... You two still haven't spoke to eachother?"

I looked down and shook my head.

God it hurts.