Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Several days have passed since I’ve moved into Daniel’s house. I have become closer to Daniel. He is a great friend. I feel so good and refreshed while I am with him. Each day I wake up feeling more excited. I feel like I want to spend most of my time with Daniel. He always makes me laugh. I feel so comfortable with him. The deep wounds left by Sam (my ex) are finally healing but I still think that I won’t be able to become the same person I was before. He had broken my heart into so many pieces that it took me so long to gather those pieces and it still may take a long time for it to fix as the way it was before. What hurts me the most isn’t the fact that he cheated me but that he never loved me. He used me. Due to him I will never be able to trust anyone. I think I won’t be able to love anyone now. I’m afraid that others will also do the same what Sam did to me. No matter how much I try to convince myself that not everyone is Sam but it has been really difficult for me to trust a guy lately. But sometimes I think because of Daniel I am changing. I don’t feel depressed as long as he is with me making me smile. I grow happier each day.

I woke up at 7 in the morning. I was just lying on bed, and then Daniel came in without knocking the door.

“Don’t you know how to knock a door?” I said sarcastically. “Sorry, when is our school annual ball?  I heard some of the girls talking about it at the school. I almost forgot about it.” he asked looking really excited about it. “Ummm…it’s on 5th august. 7 days left for the ball.” I said counting my fingers. “It has arrived already.” he said. He was thinking something very deeply. “Are you planning something for the ball?” I asked. “Nope” he answered.

Saying that he went out of my room. He was acting weird. I got off my bed, washed up and changed into a light floral printed mini dress. It was a pretty dress which I loved a lot.  I grabbed a whitish yellowish bag and wore white sandals. It was summer and I wanted to dress all summery, light and bright.

I went downstairs. Daniel was waiting for me. As usual he looked stunning but today something was different. He was looking more gorgeous. I was drooling over him. Then he distracted me. “Stop eye raping me and let’s go.” Daniel teased me. “I wasn’t eye raping you. I saw a mosquito in your shoulders. I was watching it not you.” I said in embarrassment. “Fine whatever.” he said.

We drove to school. Just when we entered the school doors, Bethany came towards us dancing. “Hey Bec annual ball has arrived. Only 8 days left. YIPPIEEEE I’m so excited.” Beth said with a excited look on her face. “Yeah.” I said in a low voice. “Aren’t you excited Becca? You’ve been planning for the ball since the first year of the high school.” She said. “It’s getting late. I don’t wanna get scolded so I’m going.’ I said ignoring her question. I wasn’t excited for the ball.

I went to my class. Daniel had a different class. During the class all were talking about the ball. Soon lunch break came. Daniel, Bethany, Brianna, Emily and I were sitting on the same table. Beth, Brianna and Em were planning for the ball. I was just staring at the white ceiling of the cafeteria. Soon our class started and without saying bye I went to my class.

All the classes were over. I was putting my books in the library, and then Beth, Brianna, Em and Daniel came laughing and planning about the ball. “Hey guys!” I called them. They turned towards me. “I think I’ll pass the ball. Exams are arriving soon so I’ll stay at home and revise.” I said. That was the worst excuse I have ever made. Saying that, I went towards the parking lot. Daniel came running and we drove back to home.

Without saying anything to Daniel I went to my room and locked the door. I changed into some pajamas and lay on the bed. I was feeling tired and depressed. Soon I was asleep. When I woke up it was already dark. Daniel was knocking the door. I got off the bed and opened the door.

“Why didn’t you open the door? I have been knocking the door for 1 hour.” He said angrily. “Sorry, I was asleep.” I said in a low voice. Daniel entered the room and sat on the bed. I sat beside him. “Why you are so silent today and why are you not coming to the ball?” he asked. “I’m just tired today and didn’t I tell you guys that I have to study.” I said. “Don’t lie. That is the most stupid excuse I have ever heard. You can tell me whatever it is. Whatever the problem is I’ll try my best to solve the problem for you. Please don’t stay so silent. Whenever I see you sad my heart aches.” he said. I gazed upon him. He was serious. He had these sad looking eyes which made me feel guilty. I rested my head on his left shoulder. “My parents are having financial problem and I didn’t wanted to trouble them saying that I wanted new dress and shoes. And I have no other dress to wear to the ball.” I said in a sad voice. “Don’t worry about that Bec. I have already bought a dress for you. I wanted to surprise you so I didn’t tell you about it before.” he said. When he said that I was so happy but I didn’t wanted to burden him. “Daniel I can’t take that dress. I can’t burden you anymore. You have already done a lot for me.” I said. “I won’t be burdened rather I would be happy that I am able to make you happy. So please take the dress. I would feel really happy if you take the dress.” he said. “Okay. Thanks a lot Daniel. I’m always causing you trouble. And I don’t have a dance partner.” I said. He then got up and kneeled down in front of me. Catching my hand he said “Rebecca will you be my dance partner?” kissing my hands. “Yes” I said with a huge smile. I was so happy. I hugged him tightly. He kissed my forehead. My heart was beating so fast. I was so excited about the ball. Daniel is such a nice guy. He is always there for me. I am really happy that I’ve met such a nice guy.

Then I had my dinner. Daniel said he was not having dinner because he had to look good in the ball. We watched TV for a while and went to sleep.

After that night days passed so fast. All seven days we planned for the ball and took dancing classes. I was really bad at dancing. I messed up all the time. But Daniel was perfect in dancing. He danced so well. Soon the ball arrived. The ball was tomorrow. I was so excited. I slept early so that I won’t get any dark circles on the ball.