Chapter 7

• Dedicated to Suz-iet Bk

Chapter 7

 Rebecca’s POV

The ball room was amazing. Daniel was by my side. His arm was wrapped around my waist. I felt so comfortable in his warm arms. Then Bethany, Brianna and Emily came towards us. They looked stunning in their ball dresses. Bethany wore a black long dress which had many ruffles at the top. Brianna was wearing a purple long dress which had pretty roses at the upper part. Since Emily was the funky type, she wore red dress which showed a lot of her cleavage.

“Rebecca you are looking stunning.” They shouted. “Thanks guys. This dress is gifted by Daniel and I absolutely love it.” I said. “Uhh…we smell something fishy around you guys.” They teased me and Daniel.

“Attention everyone the annual ball has started.” the principal announced. Then the DJ played one of my favorite songs. ‘Flightless bird American mouth’ Daniel bowing his head said “Would you like to dance with me?” he asked me. I blushed a little. “Of course,” I said giving his my hand. He and I went to the dancing area. I wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck, then we started dancing. I looked right into his eyes. They were dazzling. At first I messed up a lot but later on I was able to dance very well. We shared a great chemistry with each other. Dancing with him was one the best moments in my life. After dancing for a while, I rested my head on his shoulders. I felt so relaxed in his arms. We kept on dancing and dancing till my feet started aching.

“Hey Daniel, can we rest for I while?” I asked. “Sure” he said giving me his warm smile. “I know an amazing place in school. It’s my hide out place so don’t tell to anyone.” I whispered in his ears. “Okay.” he said. I grabbed his hand pulled him across the ball room. We came out of the ball room and climbed the stairs. At the side of the balcony there was a door. We opened the door and went inside.

Daniel’s POV

I was amazed when we opened the door and went inside. There a big balcony from which we could see the moon and the stars. In front of the balcony there was a big garden full of colorful flowers. Wind was blowing which blew Rebecca’s long hair. She was looking so beautiful. Even though it was night we were able to see everything due to the moon light. I was so happy that I was standing there with Rebecca whom I love so much. We were all alone in this beautiful place holding our hands.

“This place is amazing.” I said. “Yeah” she said looking at the magnificent view. “You danced really well today.” I said. “Thanks, you were the one who taught me after all.” She said. I giggled. “Uhh…my legs are paining due to these stupid high heels.” she complained. “You can take those off if they are troubling you.” I suggested and she took her shoes.

“Hey Daniel” she called me. “Yeah” I said looking at her. Then she turned towards me. “I’m really glad I have met you. You are an amazing friend.” She said looking right into my eyes. She was looking so beautiful that I couldn’t control myself anymore. I moved nearer to her. “I love you Rebecca more than anything in this world.” I whispered kissing her lips but she backed out and pushed me away. “This can’t be happening. We can’t be together. You all are the same. Today you will say you love me and after some time you will cheat me like he did. I’ll be left alone again with my broken heart. It took me a lot to return to my old self. So, I am not going let anyone hurt me again. ” She said with tears all over her eyes. “I’m different from him. I love you more than anything in this world. You are everything to me, my life, my soul, everything.” I said moving towards her. “No. You all are the same.” saying that she went inside.

Oh no what have I done? I just made Rebecca cry. My love, my soul mate was crying because of me. Knowing that she was still broken and hurt inside, I confessed to her. Now she will hate me. She thinks I will break her heart like he did. But I won’t do that. Why can’t she believe me just this once? But now it’s too late. She already hates me. The love of my life hates me and I can’t do anything to change that. It’s too late now.

Rebecca’s POV

I ran inside crying. All boys are the same. Daniel is the same. He will leave me alone like Sam did, all broken. But I won’t let this happen again. I won’t let anyone hurt me. I won’t let anyone come closer to my heart. I’ll stay strong. I don’t want to feel the same misery and pain again.  Sam left nothing but deep wounds in my heart. I won’t let anyone do that again.

With tears all over my eyes and cheeks, I ran to Bethany. “Beth can you give me your car’s key?” I asked in a trembling voice. “Sure you can but why are you crying? Did something happen?” she said with a confused look. “It’s nothing.” I said. She handed me the car’s key. I grabbed the key and ran to the parking lot. I started the car and drove out of the city. I stopped the car after driving for 1 hour. I had already reached the highway. Then I parked the car in front of some motel. I started searching for my purse, and then I realized it was in the school. I had no money to rent a room so I decided to sleep in the car. I turned on the music so that I could distract myself from thinking about Daniel but I couldn’t. Whole night all I thought about was Daniel. He must have been searching for me. He must be worried about me. But then I realized why am I being so worried about him? I don’t love him or maybe I do. Stop thinking about that! Awwww that hurts! Do I really care about him? I don’t care if I care about him or not. I don’t want more wounds in my broken heart. Or maybe he’s different from Sam. Maybe he truly loves me. Stop thinking about that and go to sleep, I said to myself and went to sleep.