Chapter 1: Cubicles

I woke up.
To nothing!?
I couldn't see anything. It was pitch black.
I knew I was on a bed.
But not my bed.

My eyes move rapidly.
I threw the blanket off my feet and put my feet on the cold hard floor.
"This isn't my room..." I whispered to myself. Trembling.
I don't know what time it is, but I see light from under a door in this room I'm in.
I slowly walk towards it in case I hit anything in the dark room. I slide my hands up and down the side of the doorframe to see if I could find a light switch.
"Aha!" I whisper, as my finger has found a switch. Two switches. What ones which? Oh god.
I flick the first one on and I hear a fan.
"Must be a sealing fan." So I flick that one off and try the second one.
Gotcha'!
A bright white light flickers a couple times before turning on and fills the room with brightness.
"What. The. Fuuuck?" I barely whisper.
I don't recognise this room at all. It gave me a sick feeling.
It was a cubicle.
Why am I in a cubicle room?
A single bed was in a corner with a bedside table and one window, with a view of a brick wall and some grass.
I hyperventilated and got my back off the door and swung it open with all my force. I took one step out and looked around, I found a clock in the hallway I was looking down. I ran up to it and it was 3:25am. I didn't care if I woke anyone up but I yelled all down the hallway, "WHERE AM I?" I waited and waited until a door had swung open and frightened me.
"Why are you being so loud?" A males voice said. He stepped out and he looked about nineteen, the same age as me. I just stood there with wide open eyes and didn't answer his question. "Hello? Are you stupid or something?" He whispered loudly. I crossed my arms and finally spoke, "no, I'm not stupid. I'm just afraid." I put my head down.
"Why are you afraid? And have you been here before, I don't recognise you." He said leaning on the doorframe.
"I don't know where I am." I trembled. He looked confused but then he realised something I think.
"This is a mental institution." He said disappointedly, as he touched my shoulder. My eyes narrowed at him in disbelief, but then again, it did look like one. "Are you serious?" I asked making sure of things. He nodded and ask me to come inside his room.
I walked in and looked around. The room was the same as mine but with all his things in there. He asked me to sit so I sat on the edge of his bed. "So tell me, why are you here?" I looked at him and crossed my arms. I was annoyed by his question. "Well, if I knew I would've told you!" I said rolling my eyes. "What's your name anyway?" He said ignoring my point. I sighed, "Gerard." I said, "What's yours?" He looked satisfied and then said "Nice to meet you, Gerard. I'm Ray!" He stuck out his left hand for me to shake it. I shook it...