Chapter 6: We Fell Asleep Together

Frank and I could already hear people walking towards the cafeteria, so we quickly looked at each other and went.
"Don't forget to shut your door!" Frank told me, stopping us both. I nodded while smiling and walked backwards to close it.

In the cafeteria were three things, again, to choose from. Spaghetti with meatballs, rice and chicken and vegetables with rice.
"What are you having?" I asked Frank grabbing two food trays for the both of us.
"I don't know, I think I might have rice with chicken." He mumbled.
"I'll have the same." I mumbled back. We head to the table that we sat at last time, and Ray was there again. Frank and I sat beside each other and Ray was sitting in front of Frank.
"Gerard, you don't have to dress up fancy when it's dinner time!" Ray announced and raised an eyebrow at me. Frank laughed and covered his mouth. I looked at Frank and giggled.
"Frank picked it out for me!" I told Ray and stabbed a piece of chicken on my fork.
"Really? Well, you look nice in it." Ray complemented and shoved a meatball in his mouth. God, Ray eats loudly. There wasn't any talking between any of us for a while, but it wasn't awkward. There was so much noise from people talking in here.
The sky was getting dark as I looked out the window from inside the kitchen. "Whoa!?" I choked. I made Ray and Frank jump. They both looked at me confused. As I looked out that window, a black shadow figured woman appeared. I don't know if it was a shadow or an actual person. For some reason, it felt like I'd seen that before. It felt like that shadow woman was a part of my life for a long time. But I felt petrified. My eyes wide and frozen through the kitchen window. "What's wrong?" Ray asked. I snapped out of it and looked rapidly to find Ray's eyes. "Uh, nothing. I just- nothing." I put my head down and glanced at the window once more. It frightened me. It gave me an eerie feeling to look back over there.
"You sure, Gerard?" Frank laid a hand on my back. I lightened up a little as Frank touched my back.
"Yeh, nah, it was nothing." I muttered under my breath.

Back to our wards we headed. Except Frank walked my way again. "Can I stay over a little, in your ward?" Frank asked, tabbing his feet. "Yeah sure, you don't have to ask, Frank." I said nudging him, "just come in whenever you like." Frank smiled brightly and opened my door for me. There's really nothing exciting about these wards. It still annoys me to not know why I'm here, Ang didn't even tell me properly.
I sat down on my bed and untied my shoes, and kicked them off into the wall. Frank did the same and said, "wouldn't it be cool if we were roommates?" I wondered for a while and agreed. "Yeah. Maybe we could ask or something?" I replied. His face brightened. "I wish. But I don't think it'll be that easy." He said itching his knee.

I leaned up against the wall and let my feet dangle from the bed. Frank carefully spun around a little and slowly fell back onto my stomach. I tilted my head in concern and he rested his head on me and closed his hands together on top of his stomach. Well that was fucking adorable.
"Sorry, I hope you don't mind. You just looked comfortable." He whispered deeply to me. I shook my head.
"No, get comfortable. I don't mind. It's nice." And smiled at him. He smiled back. He then closed his eyes and relaxed on me. I had the urge to stroke his cheek but I think that was too weird. I decided against that and extended my hand and let my fingers clump up some of his hair and brush it. I stroked his hair for a good ten minutes and we both fell asleep...