Day 17

Kyiah POV

                When I saw Jaymon walk through the door I jumped up and asked him what was he doing here. I was kind of scared. Who knows what he would do even if there were witnesses around.

“I could ask you the same thing, Kyiah. What the f*** are you doing coming to see this punk a** ni**a that I shot?!? What’s he to you?!!?!” he yelled at me, getting in my face.

You did this?!?!?” I yelled back at him

“You didn’t answer my got da** question, Kyiah. Why are you here?!?!” he spat at me.

“MINDING MY D*** BUSINESS NOW ANSWER MY QUESTION! DID YOU DO THIS?!?!” I yelled back at him, getting angrier by the second.

“Yeah!!! Now what you gonna do about it?!?!” he yelled at me, balling up his fists, “Like I said, I own you.”

“NAW LIKE I SAID YOU DON’T OWN SH**!! AINT NOBODY SCARED OF YOU!!!” I yelled at him.

He was about to raise his hand at me to hit me, but then he was pushed over by Jacob, Craig, and Chresanto. He tried to fight them off but they were giving him a royal buttwhoopin. We just sat there and watched them beat him up until they were pried off of him by security. They almost got kicked out until they explained what had happened. We told him about how he was the one that shot Rayan and he took it from there. I hope he goes to jail for what he did.

***

                I had no idea what time it was, but I was the only one still at the hospital. The rest of the gang said that they would come back later to check in and everything. But, I refused to leave his side. I wanted to be here when he woke up. That’s right, when he wakes up not if. I knew I wasn’t going to lose him. I just couldn’t—well, wouldn’t—let myself believe that I was going to lose him like this. Nothing would make me believe it. Nothing at all.

                I wound up falling asleep after a while, but I wouldn’t let go of his hand for anything. Not even…..chocolate. I just layed there and held his hand, waiting for him to wake up. I felt his hand twitch and it woke me up. I looked at him and he was blinking while his eyes were closed. My heart was picking up speed and after a few seconds, I saw his eyes flutter open. My eyes grew wide and I started smiling uncontrollably.

“K-Kyiah?” he said

“Rayan!” I said, circling him in an I’m-glad-you’re-alive-but-I-don’t-want-to-hurt-you hug.

“Where am I? Ew, Why does it smell like medicine and alcohol pads in here?” he asked, scrunching his nose.

“You’re in the hospital,” I told him, “You got shot,”

                He had that ‘I remember’ type of look on his face and then he asked where Jaymon was. I explained everything to him and he just laid his head on his pillow and sighed.

“Kyiah, I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you. I was the reason he hurt you,” he said all of a sudden

“No you weren’t, don’t say that. That’s not true,” I told him

“It is. If I was here you wouldn’t have gone out with that a**hole,” he said

“Rayan, it’s not your fault, ok? It’s mine. I should’ve gotten help when it first started happening,” I said

                We both stayed silent after that; although by the way he was looking I could tell he wanted to just kill Jaymon. After a few minutes of silence we started talking. Just about stupid stuff really. Right now we were debating about unicorns. Weird, right? Soon, the rest of the gang showed up at the hospital and we all were just having a good time. The doctor came in and told us that Ray would be able to come home tomorrow or maybe even later on today. I was so happy to hear that. I was just mostly glad that he was ok.

 ***

              Later on that day, Rayan was released from the hospital but he was in a wheelchair. The doctor said that he would be in bed for a few weeks because of the injuries. That was better than him being dead though, I guess. I got a call from Jaymon's mother and she told me that he was being held in prison and that his court hearing was next week. She'd also said that I had to come to court as a witness or something like that. I wish I didn't have to though. Who know's what he's able to do? He could break through those handcuffs and then try to kill me. Oh. My. Gosh. I could not do this. I was too scared. I was going to freak out. I--

                 My thoughts were interrupted by a tap on my arm. I turned around Rayan was smiling.

               I couldn't help but smile back.

______________________

Author's Note

------------------------

Well I really dont have all that much to say. But I hope you guys like this chapter. I wont say too much buuuuut Jaymon's not gone for good!!! Let me know what you think!!!!!!!!! But who do you guys ship in this book even if they're already taken?