22

Harry.

A hand shoves against my shoulder and I nearly roll off the couch, my eyes opening to see Davenport.

"You should go," he says, my eyebrows frowning.

"I've been here for weeks. No way in hell am I leaving now," I say, his lips frowning.

"You hurt Lennon. I don't want you here when she wakes up," he states, my body standing up.

"I know I fucked up, but I want her. I love her. Just...give me a fucking chance. Did you even notice this?" I ask, moving my hoodie sleeve down. The lone heart on my right arm makes his eyes widen. I then walk over to my angel and move her bandage lightly, showing him they're real.

"You made my daughter get a tattoo?!" he yells, my hands moving up.

"That's what she wanted. I said yes only because I wanted to do this, as well as she, to symbolize we're in love. I love her," I say, his lips releasing a sigh.

"I can't leave her side knowing I watched her walk away. I won't leave her, won't hurt her, ever again," I claim, his head shaking. He walks out and I close my eyes, falling into the chair beside Lennon. I grab her hand and relish in the warmth it now holds. She's off some of the wires and is now on oxygen, her breathing still controlled and her heartbeat normal.

But I can start to feel her fingers, my eyes looking up. Her eyelids start to move, a signal her eyes are moving. It makes me stand and I hold her hand, desperately clinging onto her while she begins to wake up.

Her eyes start to flutter, adjusting to the light. A deep breath is expelled and first looks up at me. My hand stays in hers and I move my other to her cheek, her eyes not moving away from me.

"Harry," she whispers, my head nodding.

"I'm so sorry, angel. I'm right here," I say, her hand holding mine. She keeps breathing and I lean down, kissing her cheek.

"Please forgive me. Let me stay with you," I plead, her blue eyes so bright. I'm a mess. It's her eyes that make everything clearer.

I let her go to get a doctor and I stay out while they do her check-up. My body sits in the waiting room while her family talks to her and I wait for hours before I go back in. She turns her head to look at me and I sit beside her, her eyes looking up at me.

"Are you feeling okay?" I ask, her head nodding. She still looks sore and I reach my hand to hers, her hand pulling away though.

"We should talk," she suggests, my hand running through my hair instead.

"I want to apologize," I start, her eyes on me. "I had thought that going on a break would help ease the distance. Give you an opportunity to breathe and be free instead of being tied down. But it clearly meant something different and I understand that now."

Her lips press together and I stand up, watching her frustrated in an attempt to deal with her mangled hair. I lift the locks up and tie it in a bun for her, her head tilting to look at me after.

"I was a mess without you," I tell her, her bandaged arm staying close to her body while I desperately look at her hand, wanting to hold it again.

"Still a mess without you," I elaborate, her bright eyes looking at me.

"It was out of nowhere that you suggested it. That hurt," she explains, my head nodding.

"I get that. It took me a while, but please accept my apology. I'm sorry, Len," I whisper, her head nodding.

"I know you're sorry. But that doesn't help me," she explains, my hand grabbing hers now.

"Then tell me how I can help you," I plead, her lips releasing a sigh.