6

"Brett, what is going on?" Mary asked.

I quickly get up from my seat and go into the kitchen. I rest my hands on a nearby counter. This is the worst thing that could've happened. Well, actually that's a lie.

"Persia? Is it really you?" I know that it's Mason's voice. He doesn't sound much different. I turn around to look at him. I have no anger against him, as I said before, he's a victim too. But why is he still around his father? He grew up to be handsome though, I barely recognize him.

"Yeah, it's me." I whisper. It's awkward seeing him after all of this time.

"I'm so sorry."

"It wasn't your fault Mason. I don't blame you for what happened, you were just as much of a victim as I was."

"He's still my father." he defends.

"Well he's not mine."

The door swung open and in walked Brett. I'm not playing these type of games with him, I look over and grab a knife from the holder.

"Don't move another step." I said.

"Don't be so hostile Persia." Brett says, with his hands up in defense.

"What do you want!" I snap at him.

"I had to see if it was really you. I went crazy when you ran away."

"Don't try to act like you don't know why I left. It shouldn't come as a surprise to you, I wasn't gonna keep living as an object."

"It wasn't supposed to be like that, I was a different person then."

"Person? Is that what you think you are? You're a fucking monster. I should just cut your damn throat." I'm not scared anymore. I don't know where my fear went, but fuck it.

The door opens again, I place the knife on the counter behind me. Royce walks in, his face confused like the rest of his family,

"Baby are you okay?" he asks. I just nod my head. I desperately want this visit to end.

Later

I'm glad to finally get away from that damn place. When Royce dropped me off I didn't say anything. What would I even say? As weird as it may seem, I'm glad Mason is in good health.

Right now I'm at Paper Dollz getting ready to go up into the champagne room. I have on a purple lace panty set with a black negligee over it. Apparently I'm in high demand tonight.

I look into the mirror, my makeup is on point and my hair is bone straight going down my back. I slide on some four inch Giuseppe Zanoti heels.

Mel looked at me through the mirror.

"Damn girl, you ready to make this money?" she asks.

"Hell yeah I'm ready, let's do this." I turn around to look at her outfit. She has some black high waisted shorts, and a designer bra decorated with candy. On her feet she has on Giuseppe Zanoti thigh high heel boots. Her hair, curled to perfection.

We walk into the champagne room with confidence radiating off of us. This is apparently someone's birthday bash, and they wanted some female companionship.

We walked to the birthday man, circling around his chair. Lemonade by Gucci Mane came on.

Within fifteen minutes, we have enough money to cash in for the night, but there is still money to be made. There is only one man in this room I haven't given a lap dance.

I sit on his lap easily.

"Persia?!" his voice covered with shock. I quickly hop off of him, the lights are dim and I didn't get a chance to look at his face.

"Do I know you?" I let the panic in my mind reflect.

"Its me. Princeton." he says. He stands up. Broad shoulders and quite tall.

"This isn't exactly the time for this. I gotta go."

Damn it's like my past is coming back to hunt me or something. I haven't had a nightmare is two years, and now everything is going to crap. I can't have my life falling apart. Not now, I have too much to do.

I'm back at home now. I couldn't stay there knowing that Princeton and I crossed paths. Why now!

My cellphone rings, it's Royce.

"Hello?"

"Ariane, are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"You're lying. Listen if your in some kind of trouble I can help you."

"Royce, I said I'm fine. I don't need anybody to protect me, I'm a grown ass woman."

"Sometimes a grown ass woman, needs a grown ass man in her corner." he counters.

"Why are you so worried? You don't even know me."

"I...I'm not. I just wanted to secure my investment."
"Now look who's lying." I shift on my couch. "You like me don't you?"

There a long pause on his end of the phone.

"You interest me."

"Why? Never meant someone that will tell you no?"

"Something like that. Now that I know on some levels your okay, I guess I can say goodnight."

"Goodnight Royce." I hang up my phone and put it on the coffee table. I interest him. Never heard that before.

Moans and groans come from next door. Kendrick done brought yet another bitch back to his crib. I'm getting my sleep tonight, fuck this shit.

I get up from my couch and head straight out the door, right to his door. I bang on the door like I'm the police.

"Kendrick open up this motherfuckin door nigga! I know you fuckin hear me! Don't make me kicked this shit in!"

With the span of a couple seconds, the door swings open.

"Man what?!"

SMACK!!!

"You better lower that gawtdamn base in your voice when you see me nigga. I told you to keep them hoes quiet. I'm trying to get some sleep."

Kendrick smirks. "You want me to put you to sleep baby?"

"Don't fuckin play with me. If I gotta come back to this door, I'm coming with drama. Which is something you don't want."

"Every lady can get their turn."

"You nasty little fucker! Your dick ain't bomb like that. A dick ain't worth nothing if the nigga ain't a real man. How many kids you got again? Seven going on eight, and don't take care of none. You ain't nothing fucking special. Your damn mama just a dick sucking crackhead, and your daddy was just another customer. Now shut the fuck, and keep that ass up bitch quiet!"

Once I get back into my condo I slammed my door shut. I'm getting my sleep tonight.

*Sorry for the short chapter*