11

I'm not really feeling this thing. Coming to my place uninvited and has the nerve to bring someone else with him. Oh yeah, I'm definitely gonna put his ass on blast for this later. I prefer my place of residence to be private. So on the outside I'm smiling and laughing at all of Nicholas' jokes, but here on the inside I'm seething with anger.

I get up to go into the kitchen, bringing Jaceon with me.

"You're mad." he states.

"Why would you say that?" I ask him

"I'm not gonna tell you how I can tell, not yet anyway. I'm guessing your boyfriend wasn't suppose to just pop up."

"No, I hate when people come by unannounced. It makes me so uncomfortable."

"Hey baby." Royce chimes. I glare and him as he approaches me. He wraps his arms around my waist. "Are you mad at me? You haven't spoken to me since I got here."

"Other than you showed up without permission and brought unexpected company, yeah I think I have a right to be pissed off."

"I'll make it up to you later." he says. I roll my eyes at him.

"Whatever."

He leans forward and gives me a kiss on the lips. Not just lip, but he put his tongue in my mouth, and I let him. I kiss him back for ten seconds before pushing him away, remembering that Jaceon is standing right there.

"Don't be rude, my son is in the room with us, and he was here before you so...."

"Are you kicking me out of the kitchen?" Royce asks.

"Yes. Be gone, besides I have to start cooking dinner if you and your brother want to eat." I tell him. I'm about to go all out, now that I actually have a reason to.

"Okay, and don't think I didn't notice you kissed me back. Something is different about you."

"It might be." I shrug my shoulders.

Within the span of an hour I have cooked a feast. Yams, fried chicken, collard greens, and white rice. I made sure that Jaceon had his plate first, then me. I left Royce and his brother to help themselves, while I went into the dining room with my son to catch up.

"So, have you ever traveled anywhere?" Jaceon asked me.

"Last year I went to Myrtle Beach for a vacation. But my job sometimes forces me to travel. I've been to Texas, Nebraska, Ohio, and even New Hampshire." I tell him.

"I went to Carowinds once, it was pretty cool to live in the moment. " he tells me.

I have this weird churn in my gut. Like there is more to his childhood than he is telling me. I can spot a liar a mile away, and he is no exception. He's been through something that he doesn't want to tell me. In due time I'm sure the truth will come out.

Another night of work. I was gonna take the night off but I need to rack in as much money as I can. Since I no longer have to look out for myself. Me and my little man.

I went down to the locker rooms, I only have five minutes until my set, I need to get this money and bounce. I make it to my locker and ran smack into Becca.

"Persia, I-"

"Girlfriend, due to prior events I have calmed my nerves. So I suggest that you get out of my damn face, unless you want these hands. Believe me, I still wanna throw them.", I steady my voice so I don't yell.

"Whatever, fuck you bitch. You could never understand what me and Arsenio have. For the record I was taking up for my sister not him."

"Didn't the three of y'all end up trying to jump me and Yvonne? And y'all still got beat the fuck down, so fuck what you got to say. I was looking out for you, and you side with the hoe that was practically fucking your man in front of you. That's why Arsenio fucks with you ass. No matter how many times he fucks up, or how dirty he does you, your ass will always take him back. An independent woman like me can never rock with a pathetic weak bitch like you! You're dead to me, because you only see what you want to. Loyalty is a must on my team, and you so far up his ass that you can't even smell his shit no damn more.", I'm finally telling it like it is. Somebody has to keep it one hundred.