Chapter Three

Zane's Pov

I realized Aph was getting nervous, which made me nervous, as she was my only friend, the only person to approach me in school without insulting me. I hadn't noticed it before but Aph was obviously nervous around me, almost as nervous as I get when I'm around her...

As soon as I notice this, I suddenly get this thought: Does Aph feel the same way about me as I feel about her?

I walk up and stand facing her, she is a few inches shorter than me, I'm looking slightly down at her and she's looking up at me. "A-aphmau," I say, nervous. "There's something I've been meaning to talk to you about." We were looking into each other's eyes, my blue gaze locked on her eyes.

"Wh-what is i-it?" She stammered nervously, her caramel brown eyes seemed to blare through my soul, seeking the truth.

"Uh... Uhm, we-well... y-you se-see-" I failed to find my words, and was partly relieved, partly surprised, when she put her arms around me, hugging me, I swiftly returned the hug. It felt wonderful being in her arms.

"I know," she said. "I feel exactly the same way." Is she saying the same way, as in she just feels sorry she put me into the that awkward situation, with Gene's group? Or does she love me? I questioned silently. My question was answered when she kissed my cheek.

I blushed a deep red, not knowing what to say. She could obviously see the shocked expression on my face. She giggled a little.

"Heh..." I laughed nervously.

She smiled, we were still looking into one another's eyes.

Rebecca's Pov

It was pretty quiet, so I went upstairs to check on them, I saw how close Zane's face was to Aphmau's. They didn't notice me, and I realized Aph was most likely okay with having their faces as close as they were, because she wasn't backed up against a wall. Aph actually looked like she was the one the getting closer to Zane, not the other way around. My theory was confirmed as she then took a step toward him.

I was so surprised, I didn't know what I should say. I just grab out my cell phone silently and took a picture of them, and I forgot to turn off flash, which alerted them I was there. Oops. Quickly, I went back downstairs.

Aphmau's Pov

His face is so close to mine! I thought. Why is my heart beating so fast?

Zane's face was just inches away from mine, I had no idea what to do, I'd never had someone else's face so close to mine, he was so close, in fact, that I could feel his breath and hear his heart beating, as fast as mine, as though he felt as nervous as I did...

I took a step closer to him, making the gap between us smaller. Our faces were so close now that it made me really nervous, then, there's a flash of light, and we look over to see my sister running down the stairs as fast as she could, phone in hand.

Zane's Pov

As soon as we turn back toward one another, I realize why Rebecca would take a picture, if she did: our faces were a few centimeters away. I backed up. "S-sorry," I said.

"No, i-it's okay," she responds.

We went into her room and watched some My Little Horsies

 "Who's your favorite pony," Aphmau asks.

"Pinkie Cake. Yours?"

"Flarity." We watched the season 5 finale, the turn out surprised me, I thought Starlight Glitter(Glimmer) was good, why would she do that to Twilight Sprinkle? (MyStreet Reference, also if you are a brony/pegasister, and have not seen the finale of season five, go watch Se. 5 Ep. 25&26)