Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder

Ellington POV

Just last week my gorgeous wife Rydel and I welcomed our first child into the world. Our baby's name is Madison Grace Ratliff. She has lovely hazel eyes and a tiny bit of light brown hair on her head. I could not have ever imagined having such a beautiful family. We have Rydel, me, and our princess Madison. The fact that me and Rydel made this beautiful human being is beyond words.  She is truly the angel's best. We couldn't have been more lucky. 

All of a sudden I hear Madison's loud cries through the baby monitor that woke up Rydel in a second. Rydel stretched and started to push herself up from our bed. 

"No Rydel stay. I got her this time." I said leaning in to peck Rydel's lips.

"Thank you Ell. I love you."

"I love you too. Just relax. I'll be back in a second."

I got up leaving Rydel all alone in our fairly large bed. We live in a four bedroom house in Southern California. Riker and Savannah live about 10 minutes away from us, so they practically visit everyday. They have a one year old son named Leo. He is really cute with his big  brown eyes and hair. I think that him and Madison are going to be very very close when they are older. Kinda like how Rydel and Riker are.

I walked into our pretty little angel's room. Her room is basically all pink with beautiful flowers all over it. It is literally a princess's room.

"Hey angel. Good morning." I said quietly to Madison. I lifted her up out of her crib, and held her up. Her tiny head rested on my shoulder while she continued crying. I paced back and forth through her room humming a song to her. Once she stopped crying I figured I could just bring her into me and Rydel's room since it is already 7:30. 

Once I got back to our room quietly layed down on the bed trying not to wake Rydel. You could hear her quiet snores. Once she realized I was there she curled up to me. She rested her head onto my other shoulder and continued sleep. The big window in our room was letting in the bright California sun. It looks so beautiful outside,but not as beautiful as my two sleeping angels. 

About a hour later started to wake up. I guess I fell asleep once the they did. I looked to my left to see that Rydel wasn't in bed anymore. I put Madison down in her play pen that is in our room and walked downstairs. Immediately after I walked out of our bedroom I started to smell bacon and eggs. My favorite!

"Good morning gorgeous." I said before I kissed her cheek.

"Good morning handsome. Is Madison still sleeping?"

"She's out cold. Probably because she kept us up so late last night." I replied.

"Yeah. Can you believe that we have a baby? I mean if eight years ago someone told me we would be married with a beautiful baby I would've been so excited!" She said.

"I can't! I have a baby with my best friend! Eight years ago I would have never believed someone if they said that. Now I can't imagine it any other way."

She walked over to me and hugged me. We stood there for about two minutes until we heard the familiar cries again. 

"I got her this time babe." Rydel then ran up the stairs. I had the moniter with me so I watch Rydel with the baby. She held her and was singing to her. Rydel is the greatest mother to Madison, and we aren't even two weeks into being parents. 

"I think she's hungry." Rydel laughed.

"Look at our pretty angel." I said when Rydel came up to me with Madison. "I would never trade this moment for anything else. We have made the most beautiful baby in the world through how much we love each other. Now we are the luckiest people in the world." I smiled.

"I totally agree!" She replied. "I love you two so much." 

"I love you guys too."