Getting my Padawan

I look up with sweat dripping off my face and my long red hair tied back in a ponytail. I let out a breath as I stare down my opponent. My heart is beating in my ears, my hands are sweating as I get ready to charge at him. I wait for him to move then I explode towards him and I go-to hit him with my lightsaber. He blocks, but just barely. He pushes me back with the force and I do a backhand spring.

"Enough. A break you will take." Master Yoda says, and we stand and high five each other. I go to my water canteen. Master Yoda comes over and sits next to me. "Good you are. Ready to have an apprentice you are."

I wipe the sweat off my face and sigh.

"Master Yoda, with all do respect. I don't think i'm ready to have an apprentice." I say. "I've not gotten myself all together."

"Exactly why you are ready to have an apprentice." He says. "Together a master does not have to be, but willing to try they must be."

"I understand master, but how should I chose?" I ask.

"Watch them fight you will. Know who to chose you will then." He says and I nod.

"When?"

"Tomorrow you will come. The apprentices fight for you they will." He says and I nod.

"Yes master." I say and I again wipe the sweat from my forehead.

"Go rest you may. Hard you have worked. Well you did." He says.

"Thank you master. I will see you tomorrow." I say and I stand and leave. I go back to my apartment.

"Mom. Mom i'm home." I say and Shmi comes into the living room.

"Vanna! You're back early." She says as she dries her hands.

"Yeah well the masters said I was training the apprentices well and I was getting tired." I say and I get a quick drink and I smell something amazing. "Did you you make dinner?"

"Yes. I made your favorite." She says and I follow my nose to the kitchen and I see my favorite food. Spaghetti with garlic bread and meat sauce.

"Oh my gosh! It smells so good!" I say and she nods.

"I know. Go get showered. It should be ready by the time you get out." She says and I go-to the bathroom and take my shower.

I stand in the shower and think about my love.

"I miss you Obi-wan." I think to myself. Since we separated we haven't been back together. I miss him so much. So much in my life is changing. I've changed, i look so different. I act different, and now I am getting a Padawan.

I sigh and get out of the shower. I dry off and brush my hair then throw on some lounging clothes and go-to the table. Shmi and I talk all throughout dinner. She cleans up and goes to bed, but I sit in the living room and stare out the window. I get this horrible feeling that something is going to happen so I contact Pademe after all these years.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Hey Pademe. It's Vanna." I say and she gasps and squeels.

"Vanna! I've missed you!" She says.

"I've missed you. Hey I have a weird question."

"Go ahead."

"Are you planning to come to Courasant anytime soon?" I ask.

"Yeah. I'll be coming next week. I have to be at the senate. They are having a meeting." She says and I nod.

"I will be there in the next day or so. I have a bad feeling and I don't want you to be alone." I say.