C.7

**Btw. In this chapter, its Friday.**
I went to the lunch room right after English class, gladly I had two whole sessions with the sassiest teacher in the school. Mrs. Woolery James.
I mean honestly, her husband HAS to be blind. I mean who in their righted mind would marry that oversized squid.
**I let out a slight chuckle, at my previous words**
"NEXT!" I heard the lunch lady shouted. I stepped over to her and handed her my money, "chicken nuggets, fries and a bottle of water please." I asked politely.
She nodes her head at me with her pearly white teeth smiling, while she handed me my tray of food.
I smiled at her took my tray up and stroded up to the table where Lisa and the others were seated. Only this time. There was an addition to the group, someone extra. And that extra person was a dude.
I sat beside Lisa set my tray down on the table and leaned my head forward, clearing my throat so that the new guy and Kevin could notice my presence.
"Oh, hey Jess, this is Mitch Parker, He moved here a few weeks ago."
"Hi parker," I said while smiling. Forcefully.
"Hi, jess ." He greeted while offering me a hand shake. I surprisingly. Shook his hand.
I stared longingly, into his ocean blue eyes as he perked a smile.
Wait. No. I... I'm trusting this... This stranger. Did I just say, trust? A person I know absolutely nothing about.
No... I can't let this happen. I pull away. Causing my eyes to water a little, but I furiously blinked them away. Turning my attention to my tray of food.
An awkward silence settles at our table.
"So jess you coming later to the party?" Kevin said I guess as a way to break the ice.
"Party?" I questioned as I looked up from my tray as I chugged my water.
"Yea," Lisa chimed in. "At parkers house tonight. I stared at her, motioning her to go on.
" its a welcome party, to welcome parker to our neighborhood"
I shrugged in agreement seeing that I loved to party.
"Great I'll pick us all up at 7:00"
Kevin said.
"Great we all chimed in.
********* short chapter, I know***** heads up. More short ones ahead. Even though they're short, its to lengthen the book, but the book will still make sense, as we can see the tomboy Jess is falling for Parker, but fights to keep her guard up due to her pass interactions with men****** not giving out no more clues, you'll find out the rest soon enough***
**** kisses*****