Chapter Seven

Of all people to see today, Skylar wasn't expecting Nate. She thought he was in jail for god knows what but apparently not. He was one of the reasons why she left here and went to college.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when someone called her name. Looking up she realized it wasn't just one person but three.

"I'm fine," she said looking at Alicia and Dom then looked at the other woman.

"Letty," she said raising a brow at the younger girl.

"Uh yeah sorry," Skylar said, "I didn't see you outside."

"It's cool," Letty said watching the girl start to blink back tears.

Everyone had gone quiet and was watching her when Skylar felt tears starting to fill her eyes. Having Nate here was bad enough but she wasn't about to just up and burst into tears in front of everyone.

"Excuse me," she said darting up the stairs causing Alicia to sigh.

"I'm glad you came but then that animal," she said angrily, "had to show up."

"Who was he?" Letty asked, "I've never seen someone just try to threaten Dom like that. Not unless they had a death wish."

"That was Skylar's ex-boyfriend," she said sadly, "He's bad news. Someone that she should have never talked to let alone of been involved with."

As Alicia talked to Dom and Letty Skylar was on the verge of a panic attack upstairs in her room. She fell onto her bed and buried her face into her pillow letting out scream after scream until her throat was sore. She screamed over losing her mom she screamed over how she once again had allowed Nate hurt her.

She couldn't believe how he just walked up to her like they were still together after he knew that she had put a restraining order on him; her mom had insisted on it when she came home one night with a black eye as well as a bloody nose and busted lip. She rolled over from her stomach onto her back and stared at the ceiling wishing that this day was already over. She sat up when there was a soft knock on her door.

"Come in," she said her voice slightly hoarse.

Alicia came in closing the door behind her. She walked over and sat on the edge of Skylar's bed giving her an apologetic look.

"You told them didn't you?" she said already knowing the answer.

"I thought it would be best if he knew," she told Skylar, "He wasn't pleased, to say the least, but he also had a suggestion that I think you should hear."

Skylar nodded and sighed, "I'll take whatever I can get right now."

Alicia nodded her head, "Good I was hoping you'd say that."

"Just give me a few minutes and I'll be down," Skylar said as Alicia stood and went to the door.

"I'll let them know," Alicia said leaving the room.

Skylar went into her bathroom taking a change of clothes with her deciding she might as well be comfortable while she talked to them. She quickly changed from the black skirt and shirt to a pair of black skinny jeans and a black hoody. She left her feet bare then put her wavy hair into a clip before finally slipping out of her room and going downstairs. She noticed the three of them talking intently in the living room.

"She'd be safer I have no doubt but it's going to be up to her," Alicia said.

Skylar saw Letty nudge Dom then nod in her direction causing him to look at her.

"Sit," he said his brown eyes staring into her green ones. She moved over to where Alicia was sitting and sat down.

"Alicia said you have a suggestion," she said.