Chapter 9

Josh's P.O.V

Simon and I are in the limo on our way to Thorpe Park. I start thinking, what if one of the others saw the limo outside? They're going to start asking questions. We need to tell them soon so we don't have to keep hiding like this. I'm weirdly nervous. Usually when it's just me and Simon I feel great, better than normal. I guess it's just nerves because we're going on our first date together.

We eventually arrive there and we get out of the limo and head towards the front entrance.

"Mr Bradley and Mr Minter?" the worker at the gate asked.

"That's us" I say taking hold of Simon's hand and looking at him.

"Well, have a great day. And may I say you two are very cute together" the worker said as she opened the gate for us to enter.

"Thank you" I say as I notice Simon blushing a bit.

"What was that?" I ask him wondering why he was so quiet.

"What was what?" he replied.

"You didn't say a word. Usually you're the one that does all the talking" I say to him.

"Yeah, I know. I just get a bit shy, embarrassed almost. Like everyone is staring at me. I don't like it" Simon replies.

"You don't like being with me?" I ask actually quite upset.

"No, no! Josh I would do anything to be with you. I love it more than anything. I just get really shy when I go out in public with you. It's not because of you. I love you. It's just I think everyone's staring at me, judging me" he says looking down, he begins to cry. I bring him into a tight hug.

"Simon. You have me, okay? And you always will, no matter what happens I will be here beside you. No one is staring at you and if they are it's because they're jealous. Jealous of all your perfections. The way your smile alone can make my day. The little sparkle in your eye every time you say I love you. I couldn't be happier to call you mine. I get that this is all new to you. It's new for me too. But we'll get through this. What every 'this' is. Now let's enjoy our day together okay? I love you" I say in an attempt to reassure him. But I know deep down there is something wrong that I can't fix. I don't see him the same as how I used to anymore. I see him as if he's more vulnerable now. More fragile.

"I love you, Josh" he says into my shoulder.

"Now what do you want to go on first?" I ask pulling away from our little moment.

"This one!" Simon says, pointing to the biggest ride there is.

"Oh god, alright" I say reluctantly.

Simon and I spend hours going on all sorts of rides and we decide to go get some food for lunch as we're both getting hungry.

"What do you want?" I ask Simon.

"Whatever you're having" he says in response.

"Well I'm just having a burger" I say laughing.

"Then so am I" Simon replies, smiling.

I get our food and bring it to a patch of grass and sit down. Simon then follows and sits next to me grabbing his burger and beginning to eat. We eat in silence, purely because we are so hungry. We then eventually finish.

"Come here" I say opening my arms, Simon then falls into them and we lie down cuddling. His head resting on my chest and our arms wrapped around each other. He stares up at the clouds but I stare only at him. I play with his hair with one hand and with the other I pull him closer. Our legs intertwine, this is perfection. Being alone with the person I love most in this world, it's truly indescribable.

"Josh" I hear him whisper.

"uh, yeah?" I say opening my eyes. I must've fallen asleep. We must have, actually. It's dark.

"We fell asleep. What time is it?" Simon asks.

"Shit, it's 7:30pm! We needed to be out of here half an hour ago!" I say getting up, pulling Simon up as well then we head to the front entrance to try and leave.

"Uhh, Josh? It's locked" Simon says.

"We're going to have to climb over" I say sort of wishing I didn't. "Here" I say helping Simon up and over the gate.

"But... how are you going to get over?" he asks. He has a point; I didn't think that through. I always think of Simon before myself, just naturally.

"Umm, I'll find a way" I say kind of just reassuring him even though I know fully well that I have no idea how I'm getting out of here. I attempt to climb the gate a few times only to keep falling back down again. I eventually notice a car parked right alongside the wall next to the gate. I decide to climb on top of the car and over the wall, landing in the car park.

"Are you ok, babe?" Simon asks me.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Let's go" I reply.

The limo is still there waiting for us. We both get in and begin our journey back home.