Chapter 27: Rain Rain (don't) Go Away

"How can we leave with this rain?" Serena looking at the dark clouds and hard pouring rain.

"We have a car, we can always go" Amber said.

"But the roads will be too slippery, did you see the curves on the road on the way here. It's dangerous to drive in this hard rain" she informs.

"I think Serena is right, the road could be blocked by falling rocks. We should let the rain stop first" Jake said agreeing to his sister.

"So we are stuck here until the rain stop?" Amber crossing her arms from the thought.

"Yes Amber that's given" Daniel rolls his eyes at her.

Because of the rain we still can't come home yet, I decided to call Dad or Mom to inform them about the situation but there was no signal on my phone.

"Does anyone of you have signal?" I ask searching for signals on corners, they took out their phones.

"I don't have any" Daniel said, Jake shake his head so as Amber and Serena.

"Why with the long face?" Dylan ask coming from the kitchen

"Do you have signal on your phone?" I ask him, looks at his phone on his hand

"Yeah but it's low" he answer

"Can I borrow it?"

"Sure" he hands me his phone, I keyed in my Dad's number calling him.

Dad? It's Skye

Hi! Whose number is this?

Dylan, not important. There is a heavy rain out and signals are low. We can't go home if the rain won't stop.

Are you still in the house?

Yes Dad but-

The call ended before I can finish my sentence. I look at the signal and it was lost entirely.

"What happened?" Dylan asks

"No more signal" I give him back the phone "But atleast I already informed dad that we can't go home yet because of the rain" I told everybody

"I guess we have an extended weekend" Jake laying down on the sofa resting his head on Amber's legs.

"I guess so" I bite the inside of my cheek

****

I'm outside at the porch playing with the rain on my hands. I somehow like rain but right now I'm a little bit hating it. Dylan joined me.

"Hey"

"Hey" I smiled at him, continued playing with the rain dropping in my hands "I love rain" I said

"Why? You cannot do anything when it's raining"

"I think of rain as romantic" I smiled

"Like in the movies?"

"Yeah, with the dancing and kissing under the rain thing" I chuckled "I know it's corny"

"It's actually sweet" smiling

"Sweet? Dylan Walters thinks it's sweet?" I looked at him, smiling and was abit surprised

"You're looking at me like I told you I'm gay" he laughs

"Are you?"

"Of course not!" He defends "Maybe you are"

"I'm not gay or leasbian or something else"