Chapter Seventeen: Pleading to God

She's turning me into a pushover. I mean, I've never been a pushover!

She wants food.

I get it for her.

She wants a better room.

I argue with the manger to get it for her.

She feels sorry for Elapse.

I carry him up a flight of stairs so he can lie in MY bed.

This is ludicrous, why does this insignificant girl have so much power over my will. Every time I try to glare into her dark eyes, wanting with more than anything to say a 'Fuck NO', it comes out as a hesitant yes. God please help my tainted and tortured spirit to get resistance to her deep soul shaking eyes.

I glued my eyes on his gold locks; it was beginning to sting my eyes. A natural urge to destroy stuff that irritates my sight kicked in. I'm sure he won't mind a new hairstyle, close shave till no blond can be seen. I grinned, Scarlet giving worried side glances from the other end of the room.

His nose twitched, it resembled that witch show...oh what was it called?

Elapse groaned; I obvious did some pretty impressive damage. Scarlet stood from her chair, cautiously tip toeing to peer over at him.

He blinked his eyes furiously, taking in the sets of eyes staring down at him. He went stiff; cascading his eyes around to find a quick escape route. I knew Elapse too well for my liking.

"Move and you'll have one less eye to perv on people with," I seethed, perching myself on a nearby coffee table.

He exhaled, nodding discreetly to indicate that he understood the threat, and in almost a whisper said, "Why am I here...and still alive?"

I snorted. Does he think I'm just out to kill him? "It's because I have strong feelings for you. No that was a terrible lie, I hate your guts."

He shuffled what he could away from me and Scarlet the dark haired heroic shook her head. "I asked Daemon to do this, though I think it's his time of the month." She retorted sincerely, rolling those overpower eyes at me.

"Are you feeling better Elapse? Do you need a hand getting somewhere?" my tone was soft and high pitched, I decided to take on the role of a women in her delicate time of the month as Scarlet suggested.

Elapse smiled genuinely at me. Poor boy. I sprained him up by the shoulders, dragging him carelessly to the door. He cried out, begging and pleading to the gobsmacked girl behind me.

"Tell him to let me go! Please Scarlet!"

I twisted him to face me, planting his spine into the door. "It's time to go." I hissed inches from his souring face.

"Daemon why can't you just-" I cut off her soft shaking voice.

"Scarlet, I'm having my period and can therefore legal kill him."  I didn't dare turn to face her.

"Okay I get it! I'm sorry you're a male who has disconcerting mood swings!" she flailed inching closer. "But that doesn't mean you always have to act like you're having a period!"

I sighed annoyingly. "Elapse will be fine; he's been hit worse by cars."

"Yea, but it depends where you end up after being hit, on top or under." He added in to my absolutely dismay.

Scarlet raised a brow. "Is it better to be hit under a car or on top of it?"

I shook my head. "It's better NOT to get hit at all."

Elapse nodded against the door. "I agree with Daemo, just don't get hit. I can take more pain than you can sweetheart."

She gaped up at him and stepped to the side of us. She had this look on her face that I hadn't seen before. Her lips were tight, her eyes wide and still, not inching off Elapse.