Chapter Thirteen: Irony Hater

“No just give him a little kick in the ribs!” Daemon ordered with anger, letting out another sigh as I booted the horses ribcage, And once again for the 67th time, I met back with the ground.

Yes I had counted, and yes this horse hates my guts. Everything Daemon told me to do, I tried to do, but Boom doesn’t make it easy.

I laid motionless on the ash ground. Staring blankly up at the gloomed sky. Daemon strutted over until his head towered over me.

“Are you trying to fail at this?” he snorted. I shrugged.

“Obviously I don’t need to try to fail,” I muttered mindlessly.

“Well I’ve noticed that, but the thing is, you need to be able to ride Boom or we won’t be able to get anywhere…easily.”

“Well sorry grumpy stumpy,”

“What did you call me?!”

“Are you becoming deaf as well now?” I asked sarcastically, heaving my rag doll body off the ash floor.

“Scarlet don’t piss with me!” He hissed, pointing his arched index finger at me. “I’m in no mood for your…gobbledygook!”

“Gobbledy what?”

“Just…Err, let’s just call it a day and get some rest.”

“Sounds good to me.” I beamed, strolling back through the backyard gates. He followed, mumbling angrily to himself. Maybe I should back off and give him some rest

“Today’s mood cast,” I announced “Partially pissed off with a slight chance of I don't like you.” Or maybe I’ll just piss him off more.

“Please just don’t!” he seethed, following me through the gate. “Though I have to say, that’s an accurate forecast of me.”

“You are quite predictable.”

“I am not!”

“Yes you are.”

“…I’m not continuing this childish argument!”

“Well don’t start it.”

“Scarlet…”

“Yes Daemon?”

“I’m going to strangle you, if you don’t stop…”

“Proving you wrong.” I radiated with joy, finishing off his sentence, smirking in his irritation contorted face.

“Scarlet come here…”

I turned myself away, eyeing the entrance of our hotel. Just keep walking, just keep walking.