1.The hunter and the hunted

Ears twitched.
It Snorted.
Hind legs bent in anticipation.
Spraying water across the moss, it ran.
Eyes shone with fear for it knew it was being ... hunted.

Woosh, sounded the wind.Deadweight thumped on the ground. The culprit, an arrow, protruded out of it's heart. Yet, another being succumbed to the nature's law, survival of the fittest.

"Didii...you did it!! Once again. Never once has your aim gone waste."

"Shush, Bhadra,it's no big deal." There wasn't even a bit of remorse in her kohl rimmed eyes. Eyes with only flashing embers in them, no, those were cold, calculating eyes, or maybe no, they were embers after all. Quite hard to determine, but they sure held the strength to entrap anyone. Nor was there any jubilation over her hunt. With ease, she tied the hunted deer on to a wooden log and hoisted it over her shoulders. "Come Bhadra, let's leave."

"Not now didi, first teach me to hunt as you do. Come on, didi."

"I said we are leaving. I'm sure there are 'real' men to teach you these skills in the tribe." She smirked. "Now get going. The sun will set soon."

Tugging the child with one arm and balancing the log with the other, the kohl eyed hunter set about her path. The hunter they called, Vasuki...

Vasuki, the namesake of Shiva's destroyer snake...