A Note

??? POV-----

As I enter the ruins of an old village my breath was taken away, the green and purple trees had created the perfect attnosphepre. My brown scarf protected me from the autumn leaves. I hesitate to pull out my drawing journal, the leather and paint stained book was worn out and old. It was a gift from my mother, before she left us...

*FLASH BACK TIME OH YEAH*

Yelling had spread through the walls of our small house. Hiding my younger brother from my father, holding a leather book and my baby brother underneath my chin.

"LET ME GO!" My mother screamed. I heard a loud thud, then there was silence, just silence. A tear rolled down my face. I muffled my brothers screams with a brown scarf my grandmother gave me. 

---

This went on for weeks. Bruising had appeared, purple, black, red. It inspired one of my first 'perfect' drawings. My mothers gorgeous caramel skin was ruined by scratches and injury. I would never forgive my father. About a year later, I found a note.

---

Dearest Kate and Ried,

After many years of suffering I am finally free. Do not fret, I am always with you. I love you. Now Kate, I need you to be a big girl. Take your baby brother to a place called Scales Wind. It is quite a ways journey from our home in the Tu'la region. While in my spare time I studied boats and I have created a small boat for you and your brother. There should be a manual and plenty of supplies for you to make it to Scaleswind. Leave at night and be safe. I love you.

Ried, when your sister gives you this note it will be may years later. I have tucked a drawing of myself in this envelope so you know what I look like. Your father was a very selfish a corrupt man, I hope you find a better father than him. Do not try to find me. I love you so very much. 

Be strong my children,

Mary Jane. Your Mother.

---

That night while my father was sleeping, I grabbed my brother with my milk chocolate-dy arms and threw a dark cloak around us. On the shore line was a boat put of sight, it had a manual book with complex instructions. But back then I loved puzzles so I figured it out. And in no time I arrived in scales wind. My brother and I were taken in by a lovely family. 

The rest is history.

I grew up

I joined the Army.

And now I'm looking for a woman.

(Also wanted to say that this characters name is CANON, her name is Kate. She has a very tragic past a a younger brother by like 9 years)