Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Stiles P.O.V

"I'm so sorry about the other day. I'm trying. We'll get through this. Uh, I know, because I love you. I love you more than."

"Woah, Stiles. I didn't know you were in love with my big brother," Kenzie smirked, interrupting my message to Scott.

I sarcastically smirked at her before turning to Scott.

"You and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate," I muttered.

"Come on, you're the only one that we can trust. Is she coming to the game tonight?" Scott pleaded.

I nodded.

"Yes! Okay, message complete. Now, tell me about your boss."

"He thinks that Allison's family keep some kind of, uh, records of all the things that they've hunted. Like a book," Kenzie chimed in, looking down at her phone.

"He probably means a bestiary," I muttered.

McKenzie's head shot up, looking directly at me.

"What?" Scott's brown eyes were filled with

"A bestiary."

"I think you mean bestiality," Scott said.

"Nope," Kenzie started. "Pretty sure he doesn't. It's like an encyclopaedia of mythical creatures."

"How am I the only one who doesn't know anything about this stuff?" Scott questioned.

"Okay, you two are my best friends, you're creatures of the night, it's kind of like a priority of mine," I declared.

McKenzie P.O.V

"We're technically not creatures of the night. That would be vampires. We are, in fact, creatures of the moon, now if you'll excuse me I have something for Allison."

I got up from the stairs we were sitting on and walked down the corridor to the outdoor benches where Allison was sitting.

"Here," I said, handing over my old phone. It has Scott's number already in it. Don't use it just yet though, Stiles needs the exercise."

She smiled at me.

"Thanks."

"No problem," I smiled back.

I walked away from Allison and to Stiles' jeep, waiting for him to come so that I could get home and get changed for the lacrosse game. I wasn't actually allowed to play in this one, mainly because the other coach doesn't support girls playing the game, and since coach wants to be on good terms with him, I'm not allowed to play.

"Finally," I muttered once I saw Stiles emerge from the school.

"Let's go amigo!" I shouted at him, laughing when he looked around for me. He saw me standing next to his jeep and smiled, shaking his head and looking down.

"You really are one crazy werewolf, you know that, right?" He got in the jeep and I followed suite, leaving Scotty the back seat.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(Outfit made by me, should be on the first page)

I slipped into the layered dress, thinking about the game later. Coach said I wasn't allowed to play due to the fact that the other team's coach doesn't support females playing in the games.

'Stupid coach,' I thought to myself, rolling my eyes.

I pulled on my batman tights and laced up my trainer boots. Grabbing the necklace I got for my 13th birthday, I closed the clasp around my neck. Pulling on my ring, I checked the time on my phone to see I still had 15 minutes left until I had to leave with mom. I decided to put on some earrings and I put my long hair, which was freshly washed and curled, into a ponytail. I grabbed my black leather, my batman backpack and my phone and walked downstairs.

"You look stunning honey," my mom said to me. "But are you sure you aren't going to be too cold?"

I smiled at my mom.

"I don't feel the cold," I replied. Her face twisted into one of question and I tapped the side of my nose to say it's a secret. She nodded and handed me the car keys.

"You drive."

Upon arriving at the school, I noticed that we were early and told my mom I was going to the ladies room. She promised to save me a seat and rushed off to the bleachers. I smiled at her antics before setting off towards the school. Instead of heading to the bathroom, I headed towards the boys locker room. Walking in, I noticed that all of the boys were ready to walk out.

"Good luck boys!" I shouted, before running to the field so I could take my seat on the bleachers.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"So, you know the plan?" Stiles whispered to me. I had moved down to the player's bench and Stiles told me the plan.

"Yep," I slowly got up and walked over to Allison.

"Hey Allie! Hi Mr Argent! Are you enjoying the game?" I asked them, shaking Gerard's hand. Something inside me growled and I shivered, the pure power of it radiating through me.

"Are you alright Kenzie?" Gerard asked me. I forced a smile on my face and looked around.

I saw Allison fishing the keys out of her pocket and giving them to Stiles at the side of the bleachers.

"I'm really sorry but I have to go," I smiled wryly at the two and walked down the bleachers meeting Stiles underneath them. We ran to the school, but I heard someone crying. It was Lydia. I stopped Stiles form running and pointed over at her car.

"She's crying. I'll get the bestiary, you go be with her." I took the keys out of his hand and ran into the school, leaving him no option but to console Lydia.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Have you found it yet?"

A voice startled me out of my deep concentration. I turned around and saw Stiles, panting in the doorway.

"Nope. It must be at the house or something, because it is definitely not here." I whirled around and what I saw in the doorway frightened me more than when Stiles showed up.

"Hello there..."