Chapter 9

"I knew I was right!" Grace exclaimed when Connie explained about her and Jacob. He was comfortable with Grace, and so he was glad that she accepted him.

"You don't mind, do you?" Connie asked.

"Mum, I want you to be happy. I saw from that first meeting that Jacob made you happy." Connie hugged Grace, then they all settled down on the couch to watch a film. Grace chose, and they all curled up together on the couch with a bowl of popcorn. The film ended at 9pm, and since Grace had school in the morning, she left to go to bed. "Goodnight mum," Grace said, kissing her cheek softly. "Goodnight Jacob."

"Goodnight," replied Connie and Jacob simultaneously, and then they watched as Grace disappeared off upstairs.

"She's a beautiful girl," Jacob said fondly. "Can tell she's your daughter."

"Oh, stop it," Connie laughed, and then Jacob crawled on top of her, pushing her down in to the couch. "Here?" She laughed, and Jacob kissed her neck a couple of times. "Give it a few hours and you can take me up to bed," she said, and Jacob nodded at her. They watched a little bit of television together, then Jacob played a game online while Connie read her book for an hour or so. She checked the time at 11, and looked over at Jacob, who was watching her. "Were you watching me?" She laughed, her cheeks burning up.

"You look so beautiful when you're so relaxed," he replied. "I couldn't take my eyes off you." Connie walked over to him, and sat on his lap, her legs resting either side of his so her crotch rubbed against the bulge in his trousers. She rolled her hips against him as she leant forward and kissed his earlobe, tugging on it with her teeth. As he sat back and watched her, she started to unbutton her blouse slowly, and watched as his eyes deceived him a few times, by darting to look at her breasts rather than maintaining the eye contact. She dropped her blouse on the floor and leant forward to kiss his lips, and his hands moved around to spread across her back. "What about bed?" He asked when they broke the kiss, and she shook her head.

"Have me in bed as well if you want," she whispered huskily. "But for now I want to do this here." She had to stand up briefly to pull her trousers off, and he did the same, then whipped his shirt off and resumed his place back on the couch. She climbed on top of him once more, and teased him by playing with his length with her fingers, before she positioned him underneath her, and slid down on to him. She moaned loudly as he completely filled her, and soon they began a soft, sensual pace.

"Ah, God, Connie," he panted as she rode him, steadying herself on his shoulders. She increased the pace, moving her whole body up and down over him, sliding over him with ease, and soon he came apart inside her. She relished the feeling of having his hot, raging liquid inside her, and this soon set off her own release. After catching their breath, Connie climbed off him, and began to clean up his length with her tongue, taking him by surprise. "Woah," he laughed in shock as he watched her move her mouth up the tip, and down the entire length, cleaning the traces of their orgasm away. Once she'd finished, she slipped the tip into her mouth and then swirled her tongue around it, before taking as much as she could into her mouth.

Ten minutes later, they were upstairs, cleaning themselves off again, before climbing into bed and cuddling in to each other. Connie loved having him back with her, and Jacob was so happy that he was able to protect her once more.

"Don't leave me again," Connie whispered as his arms snaked around her middle.

"I wouldn't dream of it," he smiled, kissing her shoulder. "It might be a bit early to say it, but Connie, you need to know. I love you." She couldn't believe he had just said he loved her, and it took a while for her brain to process a response. She couldn't have been happier.

"Well, you should probably know, that I love you too," she replied, smiling ridiculously.

"You mean the world to me, Con. You and Grace are all I'll ever need now." His arms tightened around her and his legs tucked up underneath hers, as they laid together in complete serenity.

"It's taken me long enough to realise how much you mean to me," Connie replied honestly. "I never want to remember what it's like to be without you." They spent the night tightly in each other's arms, never wanting to let go of one another. Jacob was indescribably happy, though Connie knew that it could only ever end in tears. However, she remembered the advice given to her by the elderly lady, and realised that she wasn't going to give her cancer the satisfaction of taking away the things she loved the most. She was going to spend her life with Jacob, regardless of how long or short it was. 

She woke that morning with a huge smile on her face, and it only got bigger when she realised that Jacob still had his arms tightly around her as he slept. She checked the alarm, and since it was due to go off in ten minutes, she switched it off and adjusted properly to the light of the room. She didn't dare move in fear of waking Jacob, and so she just allowed him to hug her while she lay awake thinking about what her life with him might hold. When ten minutes had passed, Connie rolled over in Jacob's arms, and placed her hand on his cheek.

"Time to wake up, muscles," she whispered softly, caressing his cheek with her thumb. He began to stir, and so she moved away from him a little to give him room to stretch. He groaned as he woke up, then opened his eyes and looked at Connie.

"I want to spend the rest of my life waking up to your smiling face," he whispered, and all Connie could do was smile, as she knew that there was no possibility of that happening. She might spend the rest of her life with him, but it was impossible for him to do the same. "You're so beautiful," he groaned, adjusting to the light and yawning a little.

"You're not too bad yourself, honey," she said, and watched as he lay on his back and stared up at the ceiling. Suddenly, he dove across her and pushed her onto her back, so that he was on top of her, and he planted a deep, passionate kiss to her lips. As they broke apart, she smiled up at him, and he returned it back to her. "I could get used to that every morning," she whispered, causing him to kiss her again. They were interrupted by Grace walking in, and she turned around and walked straight back out again.

"Sorry, can't just walk in to your room anymore," she laughed, and Connie looked across at Jacob, who had shifted to the side.

"Sorry sweetheart," Connie said, and pulled a dressing gown over her to go and see Grace. "Are you getting ready for school?" Grace nodded, and went in to the bathroom, while Connie went downstairs to make breakfast. Jacob followed her down after getting changed, and watched as she made cheese and bacon on toast for the three of them. Grace came down a little while later and ate her breakfast with Connie and Jacob, and she certainly didn't hesitate to ask questions.

"How long have you been together?" She asked casually.

"It's a long story, dear," Connie replied.

"It always is." Grace said, and then looked across at Jacob. "So, do you love my mum?"

"With all my heart," he confessed, looking at Connie. She blushed, and Grace smiled at both of them.

"Now Jacob's with us, does that mean I'll be able to move back in with you?" Connie looked up at Jacob, and her eye filled with tears.

"Oh Gracie, letting you go was the worst decision I've ever made," Connie sobbed, and moved across the kitchen table to hug Grace tightly.

"Okay, okay, mum, you're strangling me," Grace laughed, and Connie let go of her, laughing. "Does that mean I can stay?" Connie looked up at Jacob, pleadingly.

"If it's okay with Jacob," Connie said quietly.

"Are you kidding?" He laughed, taking another bite out of his toast. "I'd love that!" Grace threw her arms around Connie and cried a little bit, and then went and gave Jacob a hug too. Finally, Connie had got her little girl back, and she couldn't have been happier.