Chapter 6- A Stay Over and Friends Forever (read authors note.its important!)

The rest of the time I was there at Marcel's was silent.

No talking,

No conversation,

And if you listened the whole time,

It sounded as if there was no breathing.

Just silence.

But me, I was about to end that.

I cleared my thoat, causing Marcel to look up fom his book.

"Um, I should get home. It's kinda getting late." I half smiled at him.

He bit his lip and looked down, closing his book.

"Yeah, uh, I'll walk you downstairs." He said getting up.

I gathered my things and put them away in my bag.

Zipping my bag up, I got up, slinging it over my shoulder and walking towards the bedroom door, Marcel behind me.

We walked down the stairs and Marcel stepped foward, about to open the door.

When he did, he closed it right away.

The weather was still awful.

We stared down at the rain droplets-no-PUDLES that had hit the floor when he opened the door.

We then made eye contact.

"The weather is crazy. Are you sure your gonna drive home in that? Your house is a good like 20 minutes away, in this weather, it'd take you double that." He sighed.

"Well I have to get home Marcel. Ugh-just, hold on. I'm gonna call my mum real quick." I said grabbing my phone and stepping into the living room, Marcel behind.

I unlocked my phone, pressing my mothers contact and calling her phone.

It rang a few times and finally, she picked up. I put her on speaker phone so I could hear her over the ran.

"Hello?"

"Mum?"

"Oh sweetie, you still at you friends house? The weather is so bad. I just checked the news and your school is closed tomorrow cause the school and half the city lost power." She sighed.

"Well mum, is there anyway you could pick me up? Please, I cant drive in this, its not even possible." I argued.

"Sweetie, maybe you could ask your friend if you could stay at theirs for the night? Ill get you tomorrow when Im able to drive. You even said it yourself Jane, its impossible to drive in this." She said through the phone. I looked at Marcel who was listening and staring at me.

I gulped.

"Mum, I-"

"You can stay." Marcel said interrupting me.

I gave him a questioning look.

"Are...um, you surrreeee about that...?" I asked looking at him.

"Yeah, its fine." He said looking in my eyes.

I sighed in defeat.

"Uh mum?" I said through the phone.

"They said you can stay?" She asked.

"Yup." I said popping the 'P'.

"Okay, tell them I said thank you. Ill see you in the morning Sweetie." She said.

"Yeah, bye mum." I said then hanging up.

I gulped and turned to Marcel.

"Thanks..." I said quietly.

"No problem..." He said in almost a whisper.

"Um, Im gonna make us some snacks or something. Just here," He said handing me the remote and standing. "find something to watch. I gotta call my mother too." He said walking away.

I then turned on the tv, flipping through the channels.

I finally found one of my favorite movies on.

The Notebook.

I watched it as I waited for Marcel.

Finally after a few minutes he came in, Popcorn in hand and two bottles of water.