Chapter 34: World War Walker: Dress-up

"Lenalee?" I ask the door as I knock, hearing shuffling on the other side. The door replies, "Is Kanda with you?"

"No," I answer, not understanding anything about the secrecy. All at once, the door opens and I'm pulled inside, the door closing again before my butt hits the floor. Slightly jarred, I glance around, met by three pairs of eyes: one emerald green, one honey, and the other purple. I groan, "What was that all about?"

Lenalee offered her hand to me and pulls me up, "Sorry, we don't want anyone to see the costumes."

"Costumes?!" I exclaim, scared to death. I wasn't wearing a costume through the Order! Foxy walked into the closet while sarcastically saying, "Thanks. They're actually my originals, all handmade by yours truly."

Shaking her head, Fou sits on the bed, legs and arms crossed, "For the record, I was dragged here for approval."

"Why?" I ask. "I didn't think you care about fashion."

"I don't, but pig-tails here wanted a different aspect. The only reason I agreed was because I know Kanda relatively well, especially the way he thinks," she says, looking at me to tell me she meant she knew the exorcist his brain came from. I shiver at the thought, but freeze as Foxy comes back out of the closet holding to outfits. One was a Playboy bunny with a bikini style clothing set before there was a strip of leather connecting the bottom to the fishnets and leather boots, complete with floppy, white ears and a fluffy tail. The second wasn't as bad, I guess. The "shirt" was a black crop top with "I Love my Sadistic Seme" written in white on it. The bottoms were the shortest jean shorts I'd ever seen, and I think that they were closer to denim underwear than shorts. Fishnets came out the "legs", and the shirt was long-sleeved and super tight. What did I get myself into?

"Which one do you like better?" Foxy asks, raising one and then the other like she was weighing them. Lenalee chirps, "I want the second one for myself! But if I had to choose for Allen, I'd have to go with the bunny."

"The second one definitely shows plenty of skin while still emphasizing the covered areas, and the words convey that Allen is willing to do whatever he's told like he's Kanda's ho, but his hips aren't wide enough to pull off the jean shorts," Fou analyzes. "The bunny however shows control in a very submissive way, almost like he's a Badbutt Uke instead of a Dramatic Uke. Kanda won't like anything that takes away his power, but if you change the ears and tail to a cat, he appears much more innocent, especially if he used fake handcuffs to bind his hands in the front, drawing attention to what he has to offer."

The three of us stared at her as we processed the information. She shrugs, "Trust me, I don't know why they put that kind of analysis programming in me either."

"Okay, what she said made sense. I'll dig out my cat set I brought while you put that on," Foxy says, handing me the outfit on the hanger and digs through a large duffle bag next to the bag. I couldn't do that though because of my scars and she would see them, which wouldn't end well. When the black-haired woman glanced up, she noticed my hesitation and assured, "Don't worry, I know you're a cutter."

"Were. How did you know that?" I ask, slightly ashamed that she had figured it out, but still a bit relieved until I hear her reason.

"My sister was," Foxy explained, staring down at the bag, no longer rummaging through it. "You act like she did, and with the turtlenecks even when you were trying to do something sexy with Kanda, it stood out to me. On top of that, I saw the scar on your wrist when we were coming back to the Order."

"Not meaning to pry, but did your sister stop? You said she was," I asked, hoping she did. Foxy's face went blank for a moment before she replied, "Yeah, if by stopped you mean stopped breathing. I didn't know about her cutting until I found her in the bathroom with slashed wrists only they were up instead of across, and I always wondered if there was a message there."