Chapter 54: Premature

"Okay, so baby names. Go!" I say, leaning back against my boyfriend as he looks down at me, confused.

"What?" Kanda asked, using his hand as a cup and pouring water over my feverish skin, and rubs my chest and stomach soothingly. Rolling my eyes, I mutter, "Well, I'd rather not name our baby Something."

"True, but naming responsibilities go to you," he says.

"But-but-but," I pout, giving him a puppy face. Sighing, Kanda suggests, "I wouldn't mind a Japanese name."

Smiling, I press, "Like...?"

"I never really thought about girl names, but as far as boys go, I've always really liked the names Eiri and Hiro."

"Girls, Kanda! We are naming a girl!"

Pondering for a moment, he eventually says, "Kanade and Yoru."

"Haven't you said yoru during one of your cussing in Japanese moments? And you say something before it, too. Sha? Sho?"

Smirking, he nods, "Shi no yoru. It means night of death."

"Oh," I say. "Hold on! You want to name the baby death?"

Chuckling, he shakes his head, "In Japan, the sentence structure is subject-object-verb, not subject-verb-object. So actually, Shi no yoru, if translated directly, means 'death of night'."

"You could have just said that you wanted to name the baby Night. Japanese makes my head hurt," I complain. Smirking, he fluently says, "Anata ga sekimen suru toki ni kawaī mite."

"Kanda! Stop! I don't know what you're saying even if it makes you sexier!" I clap my hands over my mouth as the words come out, flushing strawberry.

"Does it now? Well, do you want to know what I said?"

Sheepishly, I nod, and he leans down to my ear and whispers, "I said 'you look cute when you blush'."

oO_Oo_oO_Oo

"He can be so mean sometimes!" I babble to Lenalee. Not that she agrees, because all she does is giggle, "Aw, I think it's sweet! Lavi never talks to me in a different language."

Lying back on her giant bed, I grumble, "Good. That way you know what he's telling you. Yeah, and then, he calls me Aren. I mean, it is really sexy, but what's with the R?"

"Moron, the Japanese language doesn't have an L in it. It surprises me how well he can speak English, and he doesn't have trouble pronouncing things. Actually, every Japanese word ends in a vowel, in the exception of N."

Nodding, I say, "That makes sense. Let's see, Rinaree, Ravi, and Aren."

"Do not say Ravi! That sounds perverted on so many levels!" she laughs. Ugh, I didn't realize how much Ravi sounds like ravish, and I really did not want the images that came to mind when I put together Lavi and ravish. Shivering at the thought, I sit up again, my ears catching a weird squishing sound.

"What was that?" Lenalee asked, glancing at the floor and pressing down with her foot to examine if there was water. Shaking my head, I say, "I don't know. Maybe it wa―"

I cut myself off as I skimmed my hand across the comforter near where I was sitting on it, feeling dampness, and I jump up, the bed wet where I had been resting. Feeling a hand glide quickly over my butt, I jump, but Lenalee says before I could flip out, "Your jeans are soaked!"

"I swear, I didn't pee myself!" I blurt quickly. Seeming confused, Lenalee stares at the ground with a baffled expression, and I was started to get worried before her eyes widened impossibly large. Grabbing my hand, she begins dragging me out the door, "Are you in any pain? Can you walk fine?"