Chapter Eight: Beginning Of The Road Trip

fWere now on our way up north. We live in Texas but we desided that we will go up to Atlanta, Michigan. It is a small down but it has many beautiful lakes. Right now we are in Arkansas listening to one of my favorite bands and its my favorite song by them. You Had Me At Hello by A Day To Remember. Coltan and I started singing the song together.

What have I gotten into this time around, I know that I had sworn I'd never trust anyone again but I didn't have to... you had me at hello.

"You're a good singing Lex." He said pulling into a subway gas station. I turn to face him and let a smile tug on my face. He smiled at me as well and got out of the car.  I followed behind him as he walked into the gas station. He paid for the gas to fill up the car, while I grabbed some candy and chips, and some chocolate. I put my items on the counter and had Coltan pay for my stuff. I kisses his cheek and said thank you.

As we drove through Tennessee we talked about my mom a lot. We laughed, I cried, he held my hand to comfort me, then we laughed again. After our little conversation it got quiet again. I turned up the radio and noticed Lullaby by Nickelback was playing.

There ain't no healin', from cutting yourself with the jaggied edge.  

Those lyrics went to my heart and made tears roll down my cheeks. Coltan grabs my hand and gives a little squeeze. 

"Baby, it's okay. You don't need to cry anymore. I am here like I always have been. I know you wanted to die, but listen to me. No matter what, I will do  my best to keep you on this earth with me.. (Song on the right) Just give it one more try, If you can hear me now, I'm reaching out, to let you know that you're not alone. If you can't tell that I'm scared as hell, cause I couldn't get you on the telephone. I was so scared when you hung up on me. I almost ran to your house but I knew I would end up to late, so I took my car. Baby, don't ever scare me like that again."

More tears went rushing down my face after he sang a part of the song.  "I won't." Was all I could say. After the song went off we pulled into a McDonald's. He ordered food for us and we went back on the road and drove further thought Tennessee.

A few hours later we arrived in Michigan. We stopped in the city of Taylor and got some food and went back on the road.  "Were on our way now Pops." Coltan said on the phone. I turned my head to look at him. I didn't realise he was on the phone and looked back out the window. I fell asleep right away. I was so tired of driving and wanted to sleep in a bed.

***

 I open my eyes to notice I was sleeping in a room. I looked around the room to notice Coltan was no where to be found. I sit up rubbing my eyes and pulled the blankets down and got out of the bed. I walked out of the bedroom and walked down the hall. I stopped at the end of the hall and saw Coltan laying on the couch with his eyes closed. I looked around the room and saw that we were in his grandparents cabin that Coltan always went to. I walked over where Coltan was resting and kissed his forehead. I turned around and went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and my stomach growled for some food. I felt Coltan's chin rest on my shoulder as I looked for food.

"Good to see you're awake." He said kissing my shoulder.  I smiled at that and turned around and kissed him on his lips. He kissed back. 

"Baby, get some stuff together. Were gonna go camping in an hour." He said against my lips. I smiled and nodded.