( 2I )

2I  -  p a s t  p i l l s  / /  d e l a n e y 

     ONCE I’d cut the line between Louis and I, I immediately jumped out of bed to get ready. I wasn’t in the least bit tired for once waking up and I felt like a small weight had been lifted up off my shoulder. I floated through my daily routine of brushing my teeth and showering and when it came to what I would wear, I took some time to contemplate over it. He had said I should ‘dress to get drenched ‘ and I figured that we would be going to some sort of water park or otherwise the beach.

      I decided to choose some shorts and a tank top, pulling my red bikini on underneath. I hadn’t worn it for two years now and it still fit perfectly which just proved that I was too skinny. I grabbed a big tote and stuffed in a cover-up for later and some necessities before I slung it over my shoulder and headed into the kitchen.

     I recalled Louis’ specific instruction to take my medicine and filled a glass with water before I reached into the medicine cabinet for the box of tablets, and found them just behind my bottle of Prozac pills. Oh shit! Louis must’ve seen them. That would probably explain why he had been acting a bit weird when he’d come back from the kitchen a couple days ago.

     I mentally face-palmed. How could I have forgotten them. I had tried for months now not to remember that I was so badly damaged, that I was so upset with life that I actually needed them but I should have remembered this time. I just really hoped Louis didn’t think I was some bipolar chick, seemingly happy on the outside and when he wasn’t around depressed and dependant on pills for joy or some form of it anyways.

      I shook my head, hoping to shake away the thoughts. I quickly grabbed the box of medication and shut the cabinet door with a bang. I swallowed the designated amount of pills and crunched on an apple for breakfast as I waited for Louis to arrive. About five minutes after I’d thrown the apple core away, I heard a ring at the door and I was surprised at the sudden happiness that welled up inside me. I tried to dismiss it as I rushed to the door and after sliding over the lock, pulled it open.

     Louis was leaned against the doorframe, clad in a plain white t-shirt, navy board shorts and sandals; his toothy grin plastered on his face and his hair, messy like usual.  "Hey." he chirped cheerily, walking unto my apartment for a moment and looking around.

     "Hi." I responded and he turned to me.

      "Are you ready to go?" he asked me and I nodded and we were about to walk to the door when he stopped. "Wait, did you take your medicine?" he asked me and I nodded briskly, wanting to avoid the subject as I speed walked out of the flat. "Okay then." he replied with a chuckle, closing the door before walking over to me at my position in the hallway.

     "So are we walking?" I decided to ask him, I was wearing sandals and they weren't exactly the best shoes for walking. Louis shook his head and produced a pair of keys from his pocket. 

     "Nope, Charles is lending me his car for the day." he announced with a smile and I rose a brow.

     "Why would he do that, doesn't he hate you?" I asked, smirking inwardly at the mutual distain between the two boys, I really didn't know what was Charles' problem though, he was so weird.